Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Being new to OC, I am not sure how to get to get to OC configurator without getting to the desktop.
Additionally, I waited 22 minutes with no change
Please run OpenCore Configurator on the same system on which you performed Step 4. Because you have AMD RX 580, you should choose config-AMD-GPU.plist as the starting point in Step 4.

Also, what is the make/model of the monitor?
Are you using HDMI cable or DisplayPort cable?

Please run OpenCore Configurator on the same system on which you performed Step 4. Because you have AMD RX 580, you should choose config-AMD-GPU.plist as the starting point in Step 4.

re: hdmi, dp. I was about to get to that. The z490 will not work with a dp cable. It will with an HDMI cable. I am using the z490 without the RX580 just for set up. The two monitors are BenQ SW 2700 and an old Niseus. I am using the BenQ on the new system since the Nixeus did not work and the HDMI port on this monitor is fried. I did choose the AMD config.plist on the installer. Since I am not using the RX580, should I Change the config.plist to the igpu? Would this be the problem?

I installed the RX580 on the new system. I tried the do cable and HDMI, I reset the CMOS and do not have anything on either monitor

re: hdmi, dp. I was about to get to that. The z490 will not work with a dp cable. It will with an HDMI cable. I am using the z490 without the RX580 just for set up. The two monitors are BenQ SW 2700 and an old Niseus. I am using the BenQ on the new system since the Nixeus did not work and the HDMI port on this monitor is fried. I did choose the AMD config.plist on the installer. Since I am not using the RX580, should I Change the config.plist to the igpu? Would this be the problem?
On-board HDMI port will not work with config-AMD-GPU.plist. To use on-board HDMI, we must start with config-Intel-iGPU.plist.
I installed the RX580 on the new system. I tried the do cable and HDMI, I reset the CMOS and do not have anything on either monitor
Okay, if RX 580 is installed, then config-AMD-GPU.plist is the right one. You'll need to connect monitor to on-board HDMI to boot into BIOS. Then set Initial Display Output to PCIe 1 Slot. Then save and exit.

Now quickly move the HDMI cable to the RX 580.

On-board HDMI port will not work with config-AMD-GPU.plist. To use on-board HDMI, we must start with config-Intel-iGPU.plist.

Okay, if RX 580 is installed, then config-AMD-GPU.plist is the right one. You'll need to connect monitor to on-board HDMI to boot into BIOS. Then set Initial Display Output to PCIe 1 Slot. Then save and exit.

Tried that and also disabled CSM still not getting anything with the gpu installed with do and hdmi

Last edited:

just for grins I installed an NVMe drive with 10.15.6, Clover. I got the same results with dp and hdmi and with the RX580. I was able with on board graphics and hdmi to get to Clover and to Apple logo but there it stopped. I got this notice at POST.

just for grins I installed an NVMe drive with 10.15.6, Clover. I got the same results with dp and hdmi and with the RX580. I was able with on board graphics and hdmi to get to Clover and to Apple logo but there it stopped. I got this notice at POST. I am almost thinking that there is something wrong with this MB

Attachments

• 9BE92A9C-97E5-44EE-BB69-0FF06D34D459.jpeg
    9BE92A9C-97E5-44EE-BB69-0FF06D34D459.jpeg
    533.7 KB · Views: 54
It would be best not to move NVMe drives from another system. The error on screen is due to a Thunderbolt Reset kext or EFI. So let's ignore that.
  • What is the make/model of your RX 580?
  • The BenQ monitor should be connected only to the RX 580.
  • When you boot the computer, do you see the BIOS splash screen on the BenQ (with cable connected to RX 580)?
  • When you press F12 to open the BIOS Boot Menu, do you see your USB flash disk?
  • When you select the USB flash disk, do you see the OpenCore Picker menu?
  • In BIOS, is Initial Display Output set to PCIe 1 Slot?

It would be best not to move NVMe drives from another system. The error on screen is due to a Thunderbolt Reset kext or EFI. So let's ignore that.
  • What is the make/model of your RX 580?
  • The BenQ monitor should be connected only to the RX 580.
  • When you boot the computer, do you see the BIOS splash screen on the BenQ (with cable connected to RX 580)?
  • When you press F12 to open the BIOS Boot Menu, do you see your USB flash disk?
  • When you select the USB flash disk, do you see the OpenCore Picker menu?
  • In BIOS, is Initial Display Output set to PCIe 1 Slot?
GPU: Sapphire Nitro
The BenQ monitor should be connected only to the RX 580
it was.
When you boot the computer, do you see the BIOS splash screen on the BenQ (with cable connected to RX 580)?
[/QUO
no
When you press F12 to open the BIOS Boot Menu, do you see your USB flash disk?
yes but only when hdmi is connected to back panel. Not with RX580
When you select the USB flash disk, do you see the OpenCore Picker menu?
Yes but only with hdmi plugged into the back panel not with the RX580
In BIOS, is Initial Display Output set to PCIe 1 Slot?
I did try that without success. No cable attached or no data with this settings with the RX580 attached this is what the monitor posted.

BTW: did I mention how difficult it is to remove the RX 580 from this MB?

Okay, I had the same problem once on Z490 Vision D. Please try:

CMOS Reset (use a screwdriver to short the two designated pins). Then configure BIOS parameters starting with F7 (Load Optimized Defaults). Save and exit.

Connect video cable to RX 580 and boot computer. Do you see an image on the monitor?

------

If no image on monitor, then re-flash BIOS F5. Then configure BIOS parameters again. Make sure Initial Display Output is set to PCIe 1 Slot.

RX 580 must be in the system the whole time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back