Contribute
Register

Issues installing Catalina on Z490 Vision D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please try a wired keyboard or a Logitech wireless (non-Bluetooth) keyboard. The system may not wake fully from a Bluetooth device.

Please try a wired keyboard or a Logitech wireless (non-Bluetooth) keyboard. The system may not wake fully from a Bluetooth device.
@CaseySJ I guess success at this point is having access to this OS with this MB and CPU/GPU. All seem to be working except for sleep, the system does not wake or I am not getting data to the monitor (black screen). I checked a link to your Designare build about sleep issues but this is not working. I found one comment about the Fenvi card creating this problem, anything to that? I have to restart with the power button then have access to the monitor.
That was what I went to when the Bluetooth did not work. Any other possibilities? Links to read? Changes to config.plist?

Here is verbose:
460F863D-DAF9-4A3A-8ED9-BF090F9F8ED5.jpeg

Please try wired keyboard/mouse or Logitech wireless just to see if the problem still occurs. Process of Elimination.

[/QUOTE

Last edited:
@CaseySJ an update. The system, as it was, was getting cranky, including sleep problems. I was ready to give up and sell everything and go back to the Z370 G5. As a last ditch effort, I downloaded your OC 0.6.2 EFI folder. I replaced the one I had with this new one and EVERYTHING WORKS!!! I mean everything. The system is amazingly fast. My only sadness has been the inability to use the Sapphire RX 580 Nitro. This morning I decided to try one last time to install it and set CSM support to "enable" since that was the needed setting on the previous build and the card works! I am one happy man. Additionally, the ThunderBay4 does not sound like a Ford Model T anymore. All I hear it the fan. Totally amazing. With regard to the LED settings with liguidctl, since I tried that so many times without success, I think that I will be happy with things as they are or I may try at another time when I have do not deadlines for work. Thanks for all of your help and I am sorry for any grief I gave you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back