Contribute
Register

Issues installing Catalina on Z490 Vision D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, I had the same problem once on Z490 Vision D. Please try:

CMOS Reset (use a screwdriver to short the two designated pins). Then configure BIOS parameters starting with F7 (Load Optimized Defaults). Save and exit.

Connect video cable to RX 580 and boot computer. Do you see an image on the monitor?

------

If no image on monitor, then re-flash BIOS F5. Then configure BIOS parameters again. Make sure Initial Display Output is set to PCIe 1 Slot.

RX 580 must be in the system the whole time.
There is no way to get to BIOS with the RX 580 in the system. Just black screen

There is no way to get to BIOS with the RX 580 in the system. Just black screen
Ok, connect monitor to on-board HDMI port, but keep RX 580 installed. Then re-flash BIOS F5 and configure BIOS parameters. During BIOS parameter setup, configure Initial Display Output to PCIe 1 Slot. Then Save & Exit.
As the computer reboots, gently remove the HDMI cable from the back IO panel and connect it to the RX 580.

Okay, I had the same problem once on Z490 Vision D. Please try:

CMOS Reset (use a screwdriver to short the two designated pins). Then configure BIOS parameters starting with F7 (Load Optimized Defaults). Save and exit.

Connect video cable to RX 580 and boot computer. Do you see an image on the monitor?

------

If no image on monitor, then re-flash BIOS F5. Then configure BIOS parameters again. Make sure Initial Display Output is set to PCIe 1 Slot.

RX 580 must be in the system the whole time.
No data going to the monitor. I have reinstalled the RX into the old system and it works without problem. “No signal detected”

Please see post #12.

The next test was to put the OC installer in the USB3 port while still ha I gotta the windows drive installed. No signal. I removed the pen drive and restarted and now I am unable to reach BIOS but I do arrive at the windows welcome window.

Ok, connect monitor to on-board HDMI port, but keep RX 580 installed. Then re-flash BIOS F5 and configure BIOS parameters. During BIOS parameter setup, configure Initial Display Output to PCIe 1 Slot. Then Save & Exit.
As the computer reboots, gently remove the HDMI cable from the back IO panel and connect it to the RX 580.
Ok, I finally have the RX580 working at OC boot picker. I have the installer in a 3.2 DAC-up since the two blue USB3.2 seemed To be a problem. The windows SATA drive is still installed. One more try at Install MacOS Catalina for tonight.

At this point, the best bet re: the installer, I think that it may be corrupted (or something like that) I will create a new installer tomorrow on the old system and give it a go again tomorrow. At least the GPU is now working with both DP and HDMI. Progress. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back