Contribute
Register

Issues assembling - H270-F mobo + H110i cooler doesn't fit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi there, I'm doing my first assembly. It all started off well, but I'm struggling a bit. Nothing seems to be very clearly explained anywhere. Ahh!

Anyways, I'm building a CustoMac Pro. I've got:
- ASUS ROG STRIX Z370-F mobo
- Corsair 570x case
- Corsair H110i CPU cooler

I have the mobo installed and am trying to fit the CPU cooler's radiator and fans up top, but part of the mobo is blocking where the rear-most fan is supposed to go. The radiator fits, but not the fan. There's (what seems to be) a heat sink there - I guess it's meant to cool some chips there. I can remove it - just wondering if that's a good idea or not.

An alternative would be to move the CPU cooler's radiator and fans to the front of the box, which I don't think will work as well (but maybe I'm wrong?). Or I can run the cooler with only one fan, but I don't think that will be smart.

I've attached pics of the heat sink in place, the heat sink removed and a view of the front of the case. Any advice is appreciated. Any if anyone has more of a step-by-step guide to assembling something like this, please pass it along. The various manuals offer very little for specifics. Maybe there's something on this site, but I've yet to find it. Cheers!

EDIT:
OK, so I've moved the cooler to the front. That seems to work. The radiator is now tightly sandwiched between the front fans and the cooler's fans. Not sure if that is ok or not? I assume that should actually work pretty well, assuming both set of fans are blowing in the same direction.

On another note, the case (Corsair 570x) has a bunch of LEDs in it, and it's really not clear where to attach the wiring. Also, there's a USB-C port on the top of the case, but I don't see anywhere to attach it to the mobo. Sigh.

Attachments

• IMG_6690.JPG
    IMG_6690.JPG
    978.2 KB · Views: 53
  • IMG_6691.JPG
    IMG_6691.JPG
    442 KB · Views: 53
  • IMG_6692.JPG
    IMG_6692.JPG
    554.3 KB · Views: 54
Last edited:
OK, so I've moved the cooler to the front. That seems to work. The radiator is now tightly sandwiched between the front fans and the cooler's fans. Not sure if that is ok or not? I assume that should actually work pretty well, assuming both set of fans are blowing in the same direction.

On another note, the case (Corsair 570x) has a bunch of LEDs in it, and it's really not clear where to attach the wiring. Also, there's a USB-C port on the top of the case, but I don't see anywhere to attach it to the mobo. Sigh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back