Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GA Z77 DS3H
CPU
I5-2500k
Graphics
Nvidia GForce 210
Hoping someone can point me in the right direction. Seems that this method is no longer supported and frowned upon but I'm at a loss as to what to do next. I've spent the last 4-5 hours trying different things and now it seems I've gotten myself deeper in the hole. Unibeast successfully went through and installed a Lion upgrade on my Snow Leopard drive. I ran two updates-the only ones that downloaded ok as .dmg and got to 10.7.2, then ran the newest Probook Installer. After that I could only access the OS by booting in safe mode with the Unibeast stick connected-didn't have anything working and wouldn't boot otherwise. I kept playing around with Probook Installer files because I got an error message on the desktop telling me there was a conflict with the old vanilla Dsdt. Tried different ways and then went back to an older version of Probook Installer -6, that used Chimera I believe, instead of Chameleon bootloader. Now when I try to boot directly, it's an endless loop where it loads the HP page, then starts the lion bootloader, then restarts again to the HP page. If I keep my Unibeast stick connected and use Chameleon bootloader it hangs at the white apple screen and never loads the OS now.

Here's some info from verbose mode:

Attachments

• IMG_20170406_205415028.jpg
    IMG_20170406_205415028.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 131
Does anyone know of a boot flag I could try? Or a fix through terminal commands? Thanks.

Last edited:
So I did some more reading and it would appear that

"A delay/hang at IOAPIC is generally caused by using a patched DSDT that doesn't correspond to your native DSDT."

So what happened here? Is there a bootflag I can use to at least get on and fix this?

Ok, tried DSDT=NO and -x together and it finally loaded. If someone can throw me a clue on what to do next I'd be very grateful.

Last edited:
Hoping someone can point me in the right direction. Seems that this method is no longer supported and frowned upon but I'm at a loss as to what to do next. I've spent the last 4-5 hours trying different things and now it seems I've gotten myself deeper in the hole. Unibeast successfully went through and installed a Lion upgrade on my Snow Leopard drive. I ran two updates-the only ones that downloaded ok as .dmg and got to 10.7.2, then ran the newest Probook Installer. After that I could only access the OS by booting in safe mode with the Unibeast stick connected-didn't have anything working and wouldn't boot otherwise. I kept playing around with Probook Installer files because I got an error message on the desktop telling me there was a conflict with the old vanilla Dsdt. Tried different ways and then went back to an older version of Probook Installer -6, that used Chimera I believe, instead of Chameleon bootloader. Now when I try to boot directly, it's an endless loop where it loads the HP page, then starts the lion bootloader, then restarts again to the HP page. If I keep my Unibeast stick connected and use Chameleon bootloader it hangs at the white apple screen and never loads the OS now.

Here's some info from verbose mode:

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...book-using-clover-uefi-hotpatch-10-11.189416/

Thanks RehabMan! I knew a message like that was coming. Haha. I guess I'm just as stubborn as you though.
I know if I ever go the Clover Hotpatch route though, you'll be the source of knowledge.

After running those flags everything is back to normal and Lion is working as it should. I re-ran Probook Installer 6.1 and that seemed to fix everything, may have finally worked because I had gotten a couple of updates done first, but I'm still at 10.7.2 because every file I've downloaded after from apple has had something wrong with it. Going to try again tonight or look for other sources.

Thanks RehabMan! I knew a message like that was coming. Haha. I guess I'm just as stubborn as you though.
I know if I ever go the Clover Hotpatch route though, you'll be the source of knowledge.

After running those flags everything is back to normal and Lion is working as it should. I re-ran Probook Installer 6.1 and that seemed to fix everything, may have finally worked because I had gotten a couple of updates done first, but I'm still at 10.7.2 because every file I've downloaded after from apple has had something wrong with it. Going to try again tonight or look for other sources.

Keep in mind:
- the hotpatch guide supports Lion (I use it Snow Leopard through Sierra)
- your profile does not indicate you own a Probook...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back