ATI HD6850
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
There are issues with the tonymac DSDT for the Z68X-UD4-B3. Sleep does not work correctly. USB devices are ejected when the system wakes up. This also happens with a DSDT created by the DSDT Autopatcher. Also, if I wake the system using the power button, the usb keyboard and mouse work. If i wake by hitting a button on the keyboard or mouse, then the monitor will not turn back on and i need to unplug and replug the keyboard/mouse to get it recognized again.

I find it hard to believe the statement on the DSDT database that all the gigabyte DSDT's have been hand edited and verified that sleep is working since i find lots of threads with people having the same issues across a lot of the Z68 boards.

System Specs:
Z68X-UD4-B3 F7
i7 2600k
Diamond HD6850

Using FakeSMC, ALC8xxHDA, IOAHCIBlockStorageInjector and MacPro3,1 smbios

double hit key board ,then your monitor will wake to :D

Having to trigger the keyboard twice to wake the monitor is the same behaviour that I observe on my PowerMac G5. So better get used to it :lol:

The USB issue might be caused by a BIOS setting.
Check if "Power Management Setup/ErP Support" is enabled/disabled.
"Enabled" reduces power consumption during sleep further. This also cuts the power supply to USB devices completely so that they are not instantly recognized by the system during wakeup.

If i double hit my keyboard twice the system sounds like it's coming out of sleep but never does (screen stays black). Only way i can successfully wake the system is by hitting the power button then a key on the keyboard. However, the USB drives are still ejected and i get the device removal warning.

If i hit the keyboard once to start to wake it up, i have to unplug and replug the keyboard to get it recognized by the system, then hit another button to get the screen to come back on. Definitely something in the power management of the USB devices is screwy. I tried using some of the old EHCI DSDT edits for the device removal problem but those didn't work either.

Do you guys get Device Removal errors when waking?

Sorry for bumping this, but has any of you guys advice for me? My screen stays black after wake from sleep…

saschamt said:
Sorry for bumping this, but has any of you guys advice for me? My screen stays black after wake from sleep…

Do you have a wired USB mouse? If so, try to wake with your mouse only. Double click the mouse to wake. If that doesn't work, click your mouse once and wait about 5-7 seconds and then double click again.

Did you find a solution saschamt ?
I've got the same pb : pc wakes on keyboard hit but screen stays black.

USB on wake is a known issue- we're working on a solution. As for double click- wake can be quick if you issue the command

darkwake=0

to your /Extra/org.chameleon.Boot.plist in the Kernel Flags section. This functionality is coming to MultiBeast soon. ;)

Example:

<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>darkwake=0</string>

tonymacx86 said:
USB on wake is a known issue- we're working on a solution. As for double click- wake can be quick if you issue the command

darkwake=0

to your /Extra/org.chameleon.Boot.plist in the Kernel Flags section. This functionality is coming to MultiBeast soon. ;)

Example:

<key>Kernel Flags</key>
What's the syntax if you need more than one flag? A space separated string of flag settings? e.g.
Code:
	<key>Kernel Flags</key>
	<string>npci=0x2000 darkwake=0</string>

thefsb said:
tonymacx86 said:

darkwake=0

Example:

<key>Kernel Flags</key>
What's the syntax if you need more than one flag? A space separated string of flag settings? e.g.
Code:
	<key>Kernel Flags</key>
	<string>npci=0x2000 darkwake=0</string>

Perfect. :clap:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back