Contribute
Register

Issue with the USB 3.0 chip (renesas)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you happen to remember what the adverse affects were to the system? I can't remember.

Yes according to your motherboard specs the USB 3.0 is using NEC D720200 chip. This chipset is known not to work with this driver in ML (from what thelostswede has reported and tested) whereas NEC/Renesas D720202 works pretty well (I'm using this chipset on PCIe card).

Thanks got the card off ebay to test, doesn't work with USB 3.0 HUB but it works fine with the drivers from multibeast. Thanks.

Installed 10.8.2 and now have no USB 3.0 at all. The old MB 4.6.1 kexts were working before, now neither those nor the 5.0.2 kexts for USB3 are working - neither drive shows up. Any suggestions?

For clarification, both drives show up in the system report as being attached to the USB Super-Speed Bus, but neither shows up in Finder.

Installed 10.8.2 and now have no USB 3.0 at all. The old MB 4.6.1 kexts were working before, now neither those nor the 5.0.2 kexts for USB3 are working - neither drive shows up. Any suggestions?

For clarification, both drives show up in the system report as being attached to the USB Super-Speed Bus, but neither shows up in Finder.

Apple updated its USB 3.0 drivers (more on this in a separate post coming on the front page later) and you might have to remove the Apple driver. We're still testing things, so bare with us.

Apple updated its USB 3.0 drivers (more on this in a separate post coming on the front page later) and you might have to remove the Apple driver. We're still testing things, so bare with us.

Not just the USB 3.0 drivers. Apple updated the entire IOUSBFamily kext, it went from version 5.2.5 in 10.8.1 to version 5.4.0 in 10.8.2. And now if you try to replace IOUSBFamily.kext in 10.8.2 with the old 10.6.2 IOUSBFamily.kext (which is version 3.8.5), you'll get linker errors when the kernel cache is being build, as some of the new USB code in 10.8.2 depends on the newest version of IOUSBFamily.kext and its plugins.

I've updated to 10.8.2 and I got no problems with USB3.0. Still working fine here with the CalDigit drivers by the thelostswede.

Here is my screenshot on 10.8.2 with AJA Test System

ScreenShot2012-09-21at111200PM_zps0818218e.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back