Contribute
Register

Issue with the USB 3.0 chip (renesas)

Status
Not open for further replies.
μPD720200 or μPD720200A should work, but clearly some people are having problems regardless of having these chips. The newer μPD720201/2 (two and four port) models are untested and afaik no motherboard maker uses them.

That said, I have the ASM1042 controller up and running at full speed just fine using the CalDigit drivers and I even have the on-board Etron EJ168 chip working, albeit not at optimal speed, but still way faster than USB 2.0 at an excess of 120MB/s, but the ASM1042 hits over 190MB/s using the same USB 3.0 enclosure.

I have the μPD720200.. what should I do to get it running?
When I used MB 5.0.2 USB 3.0 fix, the card shows up in the "System Info", when I connect the drives they don't show up..

What should i do?

Yes, Ill pull the card back out tonight and take a photo/send the chip # and any other info on it.

Also, my GA-X58A-UD3R v1 with onboard 3.0 shows under system report, but shows same symptoms as other cards I bought, will not connect devices.

Ok, can you guys try something for me, I know this is going to sound odd, but please entertain my curiosity and it won't break your system.

Go here http://www.caldigit.com/KB/index.asp?KBID=108 and download the CalDigit Driver / Software Uninstaller, run it, reboot, then install the CalDigit drivers again and let me know how that worked out.

I found something interesting over at Sonnet:

Notes:
• If your computer is running OS X 10.7.5 or 10.8, you must also run the Sonnet USB 3.0 System Support Installer AFTER installing this driver to make the card compatible.
• Sonnet's original USB 3.0 cards, Allegro USB 3.0 PCIe (part number USB3-E) and USB 3.0 ExpressCard/34 (part number USB3-2P-E34), are NOT supported.

I'm not quite sure what to make of it, but it might be worth a try if someone's willing to give it a go http://www.sonnettech.com/support/kb/kb.php?cat=416&expand=_a3&action=b682#b682

It might work with the CalDigit driver too and it's possible that CalDigit's driver uninstaller is doing something similar... I don't have time to test it right now, but will have a try later on.

Yes, they worked just fine with the old LaCie driver up to 10.7.4, but things changed in 10.8, so now all cards are maybe, but the NEC ones is the ones the drivers were made for.

Ok then, since it quite cheap, I'll bite the bullet and order it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back