Contribute
Register

Issue with the USB 3.0 chip (renesas)

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's good news you guys are having success with USB 3.0!
So here's what i've now tried to see if I can get it to work. Basically I created a brand new partition on my HD and did a clean install of OSX 10.6 from my install disk. Booting from it I then tried every driver that's ever been posted here, yet still no luck. Yet every time I tried a new driver, it showed up fine in my System Profiler. You would think that with no third party interference (which was my theory on why I was having so much trouble) it would run ok. Now my theory is that it just doesn't want to work with Snow Leopard. It seems like most of you guys are running 10.7 or 10.8. Is there anybody who has been able to get it to work with 10.6?
Thanks again!

Hey Tot31!

Can you please provide a link to which card you bought at ebay?
Thanks a lot!

That's good news you guys are having success with USB 3.0!
So here's what i've now tried to see if I can get it to work. Basically I created a brand new partition on my HD and did a clean install of OSX 10.6 from my install disk. Booting from it I then tried every driver that's ever been posted here, yet still no luck. Yet every time I tried a new driver, it showed up fine in my System Profiler. You would think that with no third party interference (which was my theory on why I was having so much trouble) it would run ok. Now my theory is that it just doesn't want to work with Snow Leopard. It seems like most of you guys are running 10.7 or 10.8. Is there anybody who has been able to get it to work with 10.6?
Thanks again!

Uhm, the drivers I've posted here are for 10.8, they're not compatible with 10.6....
You'll have to use a 10.6 driver, CalDigit has one, but you'll have to edit the kext to remove the check, I can't remember what it's called off hand, but it's an easy edit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back