Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Dell Inspiron 13" 7000 series
CPU
i5-7200u
Graphics
Intel HD620
Hey guys, wonderful site. Helped me achieve a fully functional hack running 10.8.2. Even able to play WoW with better framerates then windows. Just have one annoyance that I cannot figure out. When I turn on my hackintosh chimera loads just fine, but the grey startup apple boot screen doesn't even come close to filling my monitor. Literally an inch of black space all around the screen. Is there a simple fix for this? When I shut down the computer, the grey screen is the correct resolution and fills the screen. No big deal if it can't be fixed, but was just wondering

Comp specs
2.67 Core 2 Duo
1TB WD HD
4gb RAM
600W PSU
Nvidia Gefore GTX 550ti 1024
Dell 22" widescreen monitor

Yes I have a 1920x1080 monitor. When I get home from work I will try this. Where is the plist file located?

Just tried this, and still having the same issue. Any other suggestions?

will any of these cause my system to not start?

wait, won't -v be verbose, meaning no apple image....Can I get serious responses please?

there is no serious answer possible,

for the 30 sec. you have to watch this screen, this is not worth the talk,
but for amusing ourselves, a curtain in front of the monitor.................

but you can dig into the materia, we are talking about the VESA capabilities of your computer,
you can add your grafic device into DSDT, that can help
you can add your grafic device into device properties and inject them via boot.plist

and IF the grey apple picture is smaller than your screen, 1920 x 1080 is already detected,
but your vesa capability is not able to fill the screen, so try a lower resolution 1360 x 768,
but dont complain that the dark grey logo is now so big

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back