Graphics
Intel UHD Graphics 630
Mac
  1. iMac
Classic Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi everyone, I've been having an insanely annoying issue in OS X Yosemite after removing NullCPUPowerManagement.kext from S/L/E where I get the spinning beach ball for about 5 seconds or so after I click some things, such as switching tabs in Safari, clicking the Apple in the menubar to shutdown, etc. It always resumes and let's me continue to work, but it shouldn't freeze at all and it's very annoying.

I need to figure out what is causing this, because I'd really rather not re-install OS X.

Thanks for any help.

Here's my troubleshooting files for convenience:

Attachments

• Rapproducer714 Troubleshooting Files.zip
    4.2 MB · Views: 80
Hi everyone, I've been having an insanely annoying issue in OS X Yosemite after removing NullCPUPowerManagement.kext from S/L/E where I get the spinning beach ball for about 5 seconds or so after I click some things, such as switching tabs in Safari, clicking the Apple in the menubar to shutdown, etc. It always resumes and let's me continue to work, but it shouldn't freeze at all and it's very annoying.

I need to figure out what is causing this, because I'd really rather not re-install OS X.

Thanks for any help.

Here's my troubleshooting files for convenience:

You should probably try to clean up your system.

Looking at kextcache output, software that may be problematic:
Code:
kext file:///System/Library/Extensions/USBOverdrive.kext/ is in hash exception list, allowing to load
kext file:///System/Library/Extensions/DigidesignMbox2Boot.kext/ is in hash exception list, allowing to load
kext file:///System/Library/Extensions/DigiDal.kext/ is in hash exception list, allowing to load
kext file:///System/Library/Extensions/CmUSBMassStorage.kext/ is in hash exception list, allowing to load
kext file:///System/Library/Extensions/PACESupportFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/PACESupportSnowLeopard.kext/ is in hash exception list, allowing to load
kext file:///System/Library/Extensions/USBOverdrive.kext/Contents/PlugIns/USBOverdriveHID.kext/ is in hash exception list, allowing to load
kext file:///System/Library/Extensions/USBOverdrive.kext/ is in hash exception list, allowing to load

Also, looking at ioreg:
SoundFlower
Boom
com.digidesign.iokit.DigiDal
com.waves.driver.soundgrid
com.orderedbytes.driver.ControllerMateFamily
org.virtualbox.kext.VBoxDrv
org.virtualbox.kext.VBoxUSB

Appreciate you having a look, but I've had those apps and their files installed for a long long time without issues. It must be related to the removal of NullCPUPowerManagement or the fact that I installed FakeSMC and plugins from Multibeast for Mavericks and before that re-installed the OS X support files with the ProBook installer 6.4.4 again. I don't know. I checked to make sure that NullCPUPowerManagement.kext wasn't re-installed, so that's not it.

Wish I had a real Mac. These problems are getting old.

Appreciate you having a look, but I've had those apps and their files installed for a long long time without issues. It must be related to the removal of NullCPUPowerManagement or the fact that I installed FakeSMC and plugins from Multibeast for Mavericks and before that re-installed the OS X support files with the ProBook installer 6.4.4 again. I don't know. I checked to make sure that NullCPUPowerManagement.kext wasn't re-installed, so that's not it.

Wish I had a real Mac. These problems are getting old.

Do a fresh install without all the crapware for comparison.

Do a fresh install without all the crapware for comparison.
Wouldn't quite say it's crapware. I use those apps and they're good and trust worthy. And I'd like to do a fresh install because they always work better and run faster, but at the same time I am really not wanting to do that. Isn't there an easier way?

Wouldn't quite say it's crapware. I use those apps and they're good and trust worthy. And I'd like to do a fresh install because they always work better and run faster, but at the same time I am really not wanting to do that. Isn't there an easier way?

I have already told you my opinion.

I see that software cause problems here for many people. Hence, crapware.

I have already told you my opinion.

I see that software cause problems here for many people. Hence, crapware.
I would give it a try if I had recently installed these apps, but I've had them installed for months and months and months and maybe over a year even. No issues. Why all of the sudden?

I would give it a try if I had recently installed these apps, but I've had them installed for months and months and months and maybe over a year even. No issues. Why all of the sudden?

You should do a fresh install for comparison. You can do so in a second partition.

You obviously didn't follow the guide. NullCPU is never installed when following the guide here.

You should do a fresh install for comparison. You can do so in a second partition.

You obviously didn't follow the guide. NullCPU is never installed when following the guide here.
I did follow the guide, I don't know how the hell NullCPU got there. I really don't. :problem:

I did follow the guide, I don't know how the hell NullCPU got there. I really don't. :problem:

So... You have things on your system and you're not aware of how they got there.

Another reason for a fresh install.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back