i7-7700K
Graphics
RX-580
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I've now idea how this started happening but it has and I don't know how to fix it. I've got a GA-Z270MX Gaming 5 based Hackintosh with a NVidia 950 graphics card running OS X Sierra. Everything has been great. Then out of the blue last week when I was logged in the screen suddenly went from the 2560x1440 to something like 1920x? and it looked terribly. I didn't make any resolution changes, it just happened. Now when I boot the Hack is running in full 2560 resolution. If I log in with my account it will switch to 1920 with the screen not completely filled width ways. There is no display option to flick it back to 2560. If I unplug and reconnect the displayport cable nothing changes. If I log off it stays 1920. If a do the cable thing again it reverts to 2560 but will switch to 1920 if I log in with the problem account. If I log in with my admin account and switch user to the problem account it stays in 2560. This is the only way I can use the native resolution.

Please can someone advise what has happened as it seems to be a one account only issue? I didn't try the Ask Different site yet as they may frown upon Hackintoshes or see the problem as being because it's a Hack.

Status
Not open for further replies.