CPU
i7-4770K
Graphics
GTX 1050 Ti
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I have been searching for months for a Motherboard with thunderbolt port built in for my UAD Apollo twin. I have had no luck or private sellers are selling them for around 1k-2k. Does anyone know where to source one of these motherboards? It would be strictly production PC but running around 8-10 USB Ports (external hardrives, Analog/DSP gear, Elicensers ETC) i have a hub if needed so i am not to worry about the USB ports!

But if anyone can send me a PC part picker list as i have been browsing for awhile with no luck i would appreciate it!

Also is there a way to run an extreme processor with one of these motherboards?

To start you off what i originally wanted to do:

5960x or 6950x CPU
H100i CPU cooler
32/64 GB Crucial Ballistic Ram
500 GB SSD
1 TB HDD
500 W PSU
Mini or Micro atx build would be preferred!

*** Maybe a 750ti GPU just to have something fill the gap

Lastly, i have thought about ditching the UAD apollo twin thunderbolt for a USB one or even a Apogee Duet II but i would love to keep the Duo because i love it so much.

Thanks
Trevor

Gigabyte motherboards with Alpine Ridge controllers it seems. See here for more details and links etc

Hi Trevor,

I don't have a Twin to test, but I just installed a TH card into my UAD Apollo (original silver unit) and it's working fine with my hackintosh both in El Capitan and Windows10. This link is my Gigabyte z97 Thunderbolt2 mobo, which has two TH ports.

Edit: Just realized you wanted a small mobo. I don't know about that - you may want to check the mini/micro mobo recommendations in the latest buying guide on tonymac. Also my Haswell quad-core is a bit dated for what you want, but so far it's working well for me. It's pretty darn fast for 2016/2017...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back