Contribute
Register

Issue with FileVault 2 keyboard not working laptop

Status
Not open for further replies.
added clover files in zip for inspection.

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    5.8 MB · Views: 78
Don't know...
Corrupt apfs.efi ? Try this one.

And try my BOOTX64.efi.

Attachments

• apfs.efi
    555.1 KB · Views: 143
Don't know...
Corrupt apfs.efi ? Try this one.

And try my BOOTX64.efi.

didn't work bro. However, i didn't get the error message 'failed to unwrap crypto state' so i have absolutely no idea whats going on lol

Attachments

• IMG_20180611_134919.jpg
    IMG_20180611_134919.jpg
    853.2 KB · Views: 98
Do you have that before or after having had the preboot gui where you can put your password ?

Do you have that before or after having had the preboot gui where you can put your password ?

Good question. I made another thread and did mention it there, but i have no preboot GUI. When i click on 'preboot filevault' it takes me directly to this error message. No option to put down a password.

I'm currently hijacking this thread so it's better to react to this thread i made to keep everything clean: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...ize-failed-oxe-dell-9550.254009/#post-1761027

Check this thread : https://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/334179-filevault-2-fv2-with-ps2-keyboard/
3 people tried it and it works.
Do you know where is located your CLOVER folder ? Maybe on your EFI partition, do you how to mount it ?
If yes : download the 3rd version bis (in thread above), put that efi in drivers64UEFI and drivers64 in EFI/CLOVER folder. Remove any other keyboard driver there is in there (like UsbKbDxe.efi, Ps2KeyboardDxe.efi, OsxAptioFixDrv.efi, OsxAptioFix2Drv.efi, OsxAptioFix3Drv.efi) and reboot !
Be sure to try a Clover on a USB stick, or to have a bootable partition/external hard drive, to not be locked out.
Tell how it went !

You saved my life. Thank you!

Always nice to know that it's working. Thanks.

Always nice to know that it's working. Thanks.

After 3 days of trial, I also found success with your keyboard driver on my XPS 9550 laptop. It did introduce a bit of lag on the initial clover boot screen, but password entry for filevault is smooth and responsive. Unfortunately, system immediately powers down after I enter my password. Unless you know something I don't, i assume this is not related to the driver.

Appreciate the time you spent creating/solving the keyboard issue!

After 3 days of trial, I also found success with your keyboard driver on my XPS 9550 laptop. It did introduce a bit of lag on the initial clover boot screen, but password entry for filevault is smooth and responsive. Unfortunately, system immediately powers down after I enter my password. Unless you know something I don't, i assume this is not related to the driver.

Appreciate the time you spent creating/solving the keyboard issue!

Thanks. I though that a LOT of people were waiting for FV2 with PS2 keyboard. In the end, it seems not !

1) To be 100% sure, remove AppleKeyFeeder and try with a USB keyboard.
2) Use verbose mode and film in slow motion your screen.
3) Be sure to be able to boot the exact same version of MacOs not encrypted. If yes, add AppleKeyFeeder. See if you can still boot your non encrypted partition.
Let me know the results.

I am not able to verify as instructed due to configuration and hardware limitations. My laptop is the only mentionable system (XPS 9550, i7, 4K, 16gb, 512NVME SSD) and the SSD in its entirety is formatted in APFS. No additional partitions or working OSX environment. I also have a desktop running high Sierra, but it’s a non-intel and discussion is strictly forbidden here.

I was able to get in finally. I followed a generic tutorial for implementing FileVault and as instructed, I removed several .efi drivers that turned out to be necessary in order to boot the XPS system. To further complicate things, I have about 9 different file repositories, 8 that do not boot. It was a matter of trial and error.

The strange thing is that what finally worked involved two drivers that are marked as incomparable. I’ll reply in a bit, when I get home, with more details.

Thanks again !
Thanks. I though that a LOT of people were waiting for FV2 with PS2 keyboard. In the end, it seems not !

1) To be 100% sure, remove AppleKeyFeeder and try with a USB keyboard.
2) Use verbose mode and film in slow motion your screen.
3) Be sure to be able to boot the exact same version of MacOs not encrypted. If yes, add AppleKeyFeeder. See if you can still boot your non encrypted partition.
Let me know the results.
t

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back