Contribute
Register

Issue with FileVault 2 keyboard not working laptop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Check this thread : https://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/334179-filevault-2-fv2-with-ps2-keyboard/
3 people tried it and it works.
Do you know where is located your CLOVER folder ? Maybe on your EFI partition, do you how to mount it ?
If yes : download the 3rd version bis (in thread above), put that efi in drivers64UEFI and drivers64 in EFI/CLOVER folder. Remove any other keyboard driver there is in there (like UsbKbDxe.efi, Ps2KeyboardDxe.efi, OsxAptioFixDrv.efi, OsxAptioFix2Drv.efi, OsxAptioFix3Drv.efi) and reboot !
Be sure to try a Clover on a USB stick, or to have a bootable partition/external hard drive, to not be locked out.
Tell how it went !

encrypting my SSD now. Around 15 hours to complete. We will see if it works

Great... Cannot start macOS, only recovery option is shown in Clover... Any ideas how to fix this?

Because i want some help i will write more specifically. I mounted EFI, removed all keyboard drivers and added the file 'applekeyfeeder'. Then i encrypted the SSD which took about 6 hours to complete and after it was finished i chose to restart. What i remembe is that i forgot to unmount EFI so maybe that's the problem? I dont know...

While it restarted i noticed that it said 'unmount failed', then it restarted and showd me clover with only one boot entry 'recovery'.
Starting recovery mode doesn't do anything. So the problem here is that the boot entrie macOS isn't shown. Is it possible to fix this via the shell? Maybe i have to unmount EFI? I'm only guessing at this point.

IMG_20180610_194333_1.jpg
IMG_20180610_200208.jpg
IMG_20180610_193900_1.jpg
IMG_20180610_194038_HHT.jpg

Last edited:
Great... Cannot start macOS, only recovery option is shown in Clover... Any ideas how to fix this?

Because i want some help i will write more specifically. I mounted EFI, removed all keyboard drivers and added the file 'applekeyfeeder'. Then i encrypted the SSD which took about 6 hours to complete and after it was finished i chose to restart. What i remembe is that i forgot to unmount EFI so maybe that's the problem? I dont know...

While it restarted i noticed that it said 'unmount failed', then it restarted and showd me clover with only one boot entry 'recovery'.
Starting recovery mode doesn't do anything. So the problem here is that the boot entrie macOS isn't shown. Is it possible to fix this via the shell? Maybe i have to unmount EFI? I'm only guessing at this point.

View attachment 335306 View attachment 335307 View attachment 335308 View attachment 335309
Sorry to hear that. Did you modified the only Clover you have (the one on your hard drive ?) or did you make a Clover USB stick ?
Do you use a HFS or APFS partition ?
Legacy boot or UEFI boot ?
Which version of Clover do you use ?

You have rebooted, so everything is unmounted, cleanly or not.

If UEFI boot, try replace EFI/BOOT/BOOTX64.efi in your EFI partition by the file attached. If not sure sure about Legacy boot/UEFI boot, replace also CLOVERX64.efi by this file (copy the file attached and rename).

Attachments

• BOOTX64.efi
    716.5 KB · Views: 161
Sorry to hear that. Did you modified the only Clover you have (the one on your hard drive ?) or did you make a Clover USB stick ?
Do you use a HFS or APFS partition ?
Legacy boot or UEFI boot ?
Which version of Clover do you use ?

You have rebooted, so everything is unmounted, cleanly or not.

If UEFI boot, try replace EFI/BOOT/BOOTX64.efi in your EFI partition by the file attached. If not sure sure about Legacy boot/UEFI boot, replace also CLOVERX64.efi by this file (copy the file attached and rename).

Clover on SSD. Did not use clover USB because 32GB USB was used for backup and other 16GB was broke.
Use APFS, UEFI, clover 4359.

How do i replace the file?

You'll have to put it on a USB stick, boot recovery mode and use terminal.
Did you put apfs.efi in drivers64UEFI ?

But instead of modifying the clover you have, you really should get an old USB stick (a 256MB would be enough) to prepare a clover that works on it...
At least do a backup of your EFI folder.

You'll have to put it on a USB stick, boot recovery mode and use terminal.
Did you put apfs.efi in drivers64UEFI ?

Clover recovery mode doesn't do anything. It give me Error message with 'image verification failed with error message ...' (see image posted in post above)

I did not modify my Clover folder other than removing keyboarddriver and adding applekeyfeeder. My macOS was working fine for almost 6 months. After encryption the boot entries disappeared.

You can plug your hard drive in an other computer.
Or you can start the installer like you did to install in the first place (Terminal is also there). Or boot any os (linux, windows PE) from USB.

You can plug your hard drive in an other computer.
Or you can start the installer like you did to install in the first place (Terminal is also there). Or boot any os (linux, windows PE) from USB.

Did that. Placed Bootx64EFI in clover folder. Now clover isn't even showing up. Normally the Dell logo goes into Clover, now the Dell gets stuck on the Dell logo. When i press F12 and manually boot into BootX64efi it hangs on a black screen.

placing bootx64efi in drivers folder resulted in black screen. When switching to 'boot' folder it was ok and went to clover. However it still gave me only the 'recover from recovery' option which does nothing. No macOS clover entry.

Edit: maybe have a solution. I've red that some users hide the preboot clover option with config.plist. Since i copied the config.plist from another 9550 user, this option might be hidden. Will edit the config.plist tomorrow and report back within 12 hours.

Edit 2: Editted config.plist and got new boot entries 'filevault preboot' 'preboot macOS install' and 'recovery from recovery'

macOS install does nothing and same goed for Recovery.
Filevault preboot gives me an error message ( see attached image)

Attachments

• IMG_20180611_082104_HHT.jpg
    IMG_20180611_082104_HHT.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 117
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back