Graphics
Intel 3000
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I am using ML 10.8.4, just upgraded two weeks ago from 10.8.3. This issue started to happened last weekend.
In general, my Probook (4530 XU015UT) works properly, but the Window rendering get crashed randomly like these images below, and by the time, the frequency has started to increase. It's happened on various of applications I am using: Firefox, Chrome, MacVim, etc.

crash1.png

crash2.png

(I've used dual-monitors, and I tried on a different monitor, but it still happened, so I think it's not dual-monitors sides of things)

Usually, I have to restart to stop this annoying
Did someone experience this or know what is the cause?

Thanks

I am using ML 10.8.4, just upgraded two weeks ago from 10.8.3. This issue started to happened last weekend.
In general, my Probook (4530 XU015UT) works properly, but the Window rendering get crashed randomly like these images below, and by the time, the frequency has started to increase. It's happened on various of applications I am using: Firefox, Chrome, MacVim, etc.

crash1.png

crash2.png

(I've used dual-monitors, and I tried on a different monitor, but it still happened, so I think it's not dual-monitors sides of things)

Usually, I have to restart to stop this annoying
Did someone experience this or know what is the cause?

Thanks

How did you install?
Does it happen without dual-monitors (sounds like you are *always* using dual monitors)?
What is your monitor setup?

I am not usually with single monitor. But let me try it. About dual monitors, I've used Dell U 2007FP (for home) and Dell S2740L (for office), both connect via HDMI. I've never experienced this before.

I upgraded to 10.8.4 with downloaded update (not combo), and followed steps with Hp Probook installer properly. Everything worked ok till last weekend.

I am not usually with single monitor. But let me try it. About dual monitors, I've used Dell U 2007FP (for home) and Dell S2740L (for office), both connect via HDMI. I've never experienced this before.

I upgraded to 10.8.4 with downloaded update (not combo), and followed steps with Hp Probook installer properly. Everything worked ok till last weekend.

It could just be graphic glitches (big ones). Have you done EC reset: shutdown, remove battery, remove AC plug, hold power 30 sec, put everything back & restart.

Strangely, I have not seen the issue since yesterday. I suppose it happened unpredictably.

"Have you done EC reset: shutdown, remove battery, remove AC plug, hold power 30 sec, put everything back & restart. " Can you please explain this behavior? I am not sure what it does. If it was "graphic glitches", what can I do to fix it.

Strangely, I have not seen the issue since yesterday. I suppose it happened unpredictably.

"Have you done EC reset: shutdown, remove battery, remove AC plug, hold power 30 sec, put everything back & restart. " Can you please explain this behavior? I am not sure what it does. If it was "graphic glitches", what can I do to fix it.

I'm not sure how I can explain any more. What don't you understand about the instructions?

I'm not sure how I can explain any more. What don't you understand about the instructions?

Yeah, it is very clear to do. What I try to understand is how "turn off & remove AC & press power" action can fix the issue.

Thanks for super quick reply, very impressive! :)

Yeah, it is very clear to do. What I try to understand is how "turn off & remove AC & press power" action can fix the issue.

Thanks for super quick reply, very impressive! :)

It drains capacitors such that the EC (embedded controller) loses all power, a shortcut to letting it sit there for longer amount of time...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back