CPU
i3-8100
Graphics
UHD 630
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I'm getting crazy. Everytime I'm trying to start a fresh Mojave installation it fails again and again at the exact same point. 2 Minutes before the first reboot, it crashes with the following error message: "disk22s1 is not convertible to APFS: You may not install to this volume because it can not be converted to Apple File System (APFS).

I have followed the rehabman guides and install the clover drivers (clover version 4813):
- ApfsDriverLoader-64.efi
- AppleImageLoader-64.efi
- AptioInputFix-64.efi
- AptioMemoryFix-64.efi
- DataHubDxe-64.efi
- FSInject-64.efi
- HFSPlus-64.efi (I tried also with VBoxHfs-64.efi but same fail)
- SMCHelper-64.efi

I don't understand why it can't convert to APFS on this board. I went through all kind of sources on tonymac and other hacky forums but yet I could not solve the problem. Any idea how to fix it?

PS: I managed to get it working but only by installing mojave on another machine, and then preparing config.plist for this one. However, I'd really like to understand what I'm doing wrong by trying a fresh installation. Thank you very much in advance for any advice.

Attachments

• IMG_1439.jpeg
    IMG_1439.jpeg
    3.1 MB · Views: 56
I'm sure I had this issue trying to get mojave installed, not sure if this will help your case but in the drivers64UEFI folder, I replaced AptioMemoryFix-64.efi with OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000.efi.

Also when you format your drive ready for the install in the disk utility, select "show all devices" and erase the root as you need to format as "Mac OS Extended (Journaled)".

Did anyone come up with a fix for this? I cannot get past the 2 minutes and I get the disk cannot be converted to apfs when installing fresh Mojave. I can install high Sierra by disabling the apfs conversion but then it still will not upgrade to Mojave.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back