Graphics
GTX 650Ti
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-02-27 at 3.21.16 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-02-27 at 3.21.16 PM.png
    119.2 KB · Views: 101
When I download Yosemite from here, https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT211683 and follow this guide from Dortania, https://dortania.github.io/OpenCore-Install-Guide/installer-guide/mac-install-pkg.html it tells me the installer is incomplete

Well, it's often difficult to offer support for someone else's guides. However ...

First thing I would do. Is check the creation date of the installer you are using. This error often appears with older files whose security certificates have expired. So a way around this is to either download the newer, re-certified files Apple has provided or, change your system date to very shortly after the file was created, and disconnect from the Internet as a temporary meeasure until install completes.

Well, it's often difficult to offer support for someone else's guides. However ...

First thing I would do. Is check the creation date of the installer you are using. This error often appears with older files whose security certificates have expired. So a way around this is to either download the newer, re-certified files Apple has provided or, change your system date to very shortly after the file was created, and disconnect from the Internet as a temporary meeasure until install completes.
How can I find when the certificates were made

How can I find when the certificates were made
Just tried this and still get the same error from UniBeast and I there isn't anywhere else you can get a installer

Not for Yosemite but the principle is the same :

Not for Yosemite but the principle is the same :

That does not work as Yosemite is not on the App Store anymore and I tried doing that method with El Cap and when I clicked get on the App Store it took me to settings and said it could not find the update

Just tried this and still get the same error from UniBeast and I there isn't anywhere else you can get a installer

Thought you were using the method from the other site, not UniBeast.

Apple has updated the security certificate for Yosemite, surprising due to its age. Here's the 2019 version:

Which annoyingly is a *dmg not a *pkg, but no doubt you know how to get around this. So if the installer is actually complete (see @P1LGRIM 's guidance) then the date was the other commonly known problem. Maybe not in this case.

It doesn't work on Big Sur

What doesn't? GibmacOS? It was last updated the 29th December 2020, after BigSur's release.

But I thought you were trying to install Yosemite. That's what your OP states. That's where you posted - Yosemite Desktop Support.

Last edited:
Thought you were using the method from the other site, not UniBeast.

Apple has updated the security certificate for Yosemite, surprising due to its age. Here's the 2019 version:

Which annoyingly is a *dmg not a *pkg, but no doubt you know how to get around this. So if the installer is actually complete (see @P1LGRIM 's guidance) then the date was the other commonly known problem. Maybe not in this case.

What doesn't? GibmacOS? It was last updated the 29th December 2020, after BigSur's release.

But I thought you were trying to install Yosemite. That's what your OP states. That's where you posted - Yosemite Desktop Support.
I've gotten to the installer using the DMG you sent, but after I select my drive and click install it says "This copy of Install OS X Yosemite application can't be verified. It may have been corrupted or tampered with during downloading"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back