Contribute
Register

Issue creating USB "Mac OS Installer Incomplete"

Status
Not open for further replies.
I found a command that I can use to force the install
installer -pkg /path/to/installer -target /Volumes/"XXX"
But how would I find the path to the installer while I'm in the installer

I've gotten to the installer using the DMG you sent, but after I select my drive and click install it says "This copy of Install OS X Yosemite application can't be verified. It may have been corrupted or tampered with during downloading"

You could try changing the system date back in time to match the date of the pkg installer, as I explained above.

It would be great if the tech team would create a CSR version of Unibeast that will indeed use the dmg downloaded from apple. The "Incomplete" error appears even if the DMG is opened and the installer ran to obtain the Install Yosemite app. It is obviously not an "incomplete" error since it is run from the dmg (that would fail the check if it was incomplete).
Also, it is not a "date" or certificate issue when the apple provided dmg comes directly from the Apple CDN. It is a whack-a-mole situation where users end up using methods that get to mixed results.

Please consider updating the app. Yosemite is still valuable and runs on Sandy Bridge, which is still a worthy CPU.

I'm having the "Selected Mac OS Installer is Incomplete" issue as well.

I'm using Unibeast 5
I've downloaded the Yosemite install .dmg file from here https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT211683
Then opened the .dmg, ran the .pkg file inside it.
It creates an installer app in the Applications folder, its size is 5.72Gb
I then run Unibeast but it says "Selected Mac OS Installer is Incomplete".
Tried changing the system date to one and two days after the creation date of the install app but no luck.

Any other solution? Seems I'm stuck here...

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back