GTX 970
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
I recently installed fresh 10.11.1.

After installing the NVDIA drivers for my GTX 970, upon booting there is a string of errors, before the system reboots.

Thing is, when I ran multibeast, I checked 'inject NVDIA'

Now, when I got to boot, I can not remove 'nvda_drv=1' from the boot arguments.

I have read that on some systems, removing this argument solves boot problem, and the drivers run normally.

Applying the bootarg 'nv_disable=1' is not enough to counter the arg 'nvda_drv=1'

I WAS able to get in using the arguments -v and -x. (-v is not enough, have to go full safemode)

Unfortunately, I can not seem to run mult-beast in this boot mode. Which means I can not uncheck 'inject nvdia', and thus I am at an impass.

EDIT: - I am lead to believe that it is the latest NVDIA drivers forcing the 'nvda_drv=1' argument. I have attempted to get into edit the config_plist, to remove it from there...with no success, I am not sure how to do this..

I am also unable to open the NVDIA control panel, or the 'driver manager' as it's called. States that there is an error and to re-install the drivers.. which I have done a few times.

I decided that I would try and re-install, but no combination of bootargs that I have tried has worked.

Please Help!

Thanks in advance

Attachments

• Anonymous UUID: EF1F4528-16E5-5885-E01F-783B51288F75.pdf
    31.8 KB · Views: 150
I recently installed fresh 10.11.1.

After installing the NVDIA drivers for my GTX 970, upon booting there is a string of errors, before the system reboots.

Thing is, when I ran multibeast, I checked 'inject NVDIA'

Now, when I got to boot, I can not remove 'nvda_drv=1' from the boot arguments.

I have read that on some systems, removing this argument solves boot problem, and the drivers run normally.

Applying the bootarg 'nv_disable=1' is not enough to counter the arg 'nvda_drv=1'

I WAS able to get in using the arguments -v and -x. (-v is not enough, have to go full safemode)

Unfortunately, I can not seem to run mult-beast in this boot mode. Which means I can not uncheck 'inject nvdia', and thus I am at an impass.

EDIT: - I am lead to believe that it is the latest NVDIA drivers forcing the 'nvda_drv=1' argument. I have attempted to get into edit the config_plist, to remove it from there...with no success, I am not sure how to do this..

I am also unable to open the NVDIA control panel, or the 'driver manager' as it's called. States that there is an error and to re-install the drivers.. which I have done a few times.

I decided that I would try and re-install, but no combination of bootargs that I have tried has worked.

Please Help!

Thanks in advance

Inject/Nvidia should be false, you should not have checked that. You need to have nvda_drv=1 to use the Nvidia Web Drivers you installed and to be able to use your 970. When installing the drivers it stores that boot-arg in NVRAM. To remove it open terminal and type

sudo nvram boot-args=""​

Thanks for the quick response. Much appreciated.

I was indeed able to remove 'nvda_drv=1' from the args using your suggested method, and from this have discerned that it is -Not- the problem..

I am still getting the same issue. I must have stuffed up the multibeast install, as it started after that.

Here are some screenshots of the errors i'm getting upon boot using nv_disable=1 and -v (I hope they are clear enough, sorry)

I can still get in via -x thankfully. Hopefully there is a way to 'start fresh' and wipe all kexts, and I can attempt to install multibeast with the appropriate settings

Attachments

• 20151119_124818.jpg
    20151119_124818.jpg
    896.7 KB · Views: 88
  • 20151119_124944.jpg
    20151119_124944.jpg
    874 KB · Views: 104
  • 20151119_124940.jpg
    20151119_124940.jpg
    858.6 KB · Views: 90
  • 20151119_055913.jpg
    20151119_055913.jpg
    980.5 KB · Views: 122
Noticed you are using MacPro4,1.... bad choice as that requires modifying a kext because you are not using ECC Ram. Change your smbios to iMac14,2 or MacPro3,1.

Noticed you are using MacPro4,1.... bad choice as that requires modifying a kext because you are not using ECC Ram. Change your smbios to iMac14,2 or MacPro3,1.

How is this done without using multibeast, as it does not work in safe mode?

It has loaded. I am in. All the fields are blank, is this normal? There are a lot of fields that I am unsure of

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-11-18 at 7.04.47 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2015-11-18 at 7.04.47 PM.jpg
    156.5 KB · Views: 123
It has loaded. I am in. All the fields are blank, is this normal? There are a lot of fields that I am unsure of

Use it to open your config file and then click the magic wand on the right. Choose the smbios you want to use and then save the file.

One small problem. I am unable to see my system drive in Finder, and therefore am unable to locate config.plist..

I am unable to locate config.plist anywhere :(

One small problem. I am unable to see my system drive in Finder, and therefore am unable to locate config.plist..

I am unable to locate config.plist anywhere :(

It is likely installed in the EFI partition. Use Clover Configurator to mount it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back