Motherboard
Gigabyte Z370 AORUS Gaming 5
CPU
i7-8700
Graphics
RX 580
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
My 2019 Hackintosh build is about 95% complete. I have been using it for over 2 weeks, and I'm very happy with it so far and it's doing everything I need.
I don't have Wi-Fi because I have not needed it plus it requires the purchase of additional hardware. I'm using Ethernet for my internet connection. I do not need Handoff and I can't think of any other services I need that rely on Wi-Fi.

My question is: Do I need to have Wi-Fi working?

Any advice from the TonyMac community is appreciated.

P.S. Onboard audio is the only other non-working item, I have not attempted to patch it because I have working audio through my HDMI monitor which has built-in speakers. I can also use a $10 USB audio device that is plug and play and has speaker output and microphone input. I have been building Hackintoshes for over 10 years and I learned early on that it doesn't take much to break a working build. I know things are much more reliable these days, but I'm still hesitant to mess around with a build that is for the most part fully functional.

The only other thing I need WiFi for is AirDrop. Besides that, Ethernet does everything else just fine.

My 2019 Hackintosh build is about 95% complete. I have been using it for over 2 weeks, and I'm very happy with it so far and it's doing everything I need.
I don't have Wi-Fi because I have not needed it plus it requires the purchase of additional hardware. I'm using Ethernet for my internet connection. I do not need Handoff and I can't think of any other services I need that rely on Wi-Fi.

My question is: Do I need to have Wi-Fi working?

Any advice from the TonyMac community is appreciated.

P.S. Onboard audio is the only other non-working item, I have not attempted to patch it because I have working audio through my HDMI monitor which has built-in speakers. I can also use a $10 USB audio device that is plug and play and has speaker output and microphone input. I have been building Hackintoshes for over 10 years and I learned early on that it doesn't take much to break a working build. I know things are much more reliable these days, but I'm still hesitant to mess around with a build that is for the most part fully functional.

If you don't need to use anything that requires Wi-Fi then it is not necessary for you.

I use only Ethernet on my system and have no need for WiFi, and therefore I don't care about it.

Find my mac :crazy:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back