Graphics
Evga gtx 660
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hello guys ok im new to this but i have a Dq35jo intel mobo a core2duo e8500 cpu and a gtx 650 gpu
i have 4gb ram
and a 250 gb harddrive ohh and i also use the audio that comes out my graphics card and i use hdmi
now i need to know how would i go about installing osx mounain lion on this computer im done with windows and i want mac so bad
its so clean and simple and has logic and other mac only programs that i would like :/
ohh and one more thing i just bought my self new cpu ram powersupply and mobo and basicly a whole new computer
the cpu is a fx 8350 ram is 16gb
harddrive is 500 gb
and power supply dosent really matter but its 600 wats :p ohhhh and mobo is the top of the line asus amd+ mobo and my gpu is going from a gtx 650 to a 650 ti boost too...so i know ill have fast enough hard ware so i want to know if thouse parts are ok to ...

so ya can you all give me the best way to install osx on here....??ohh and do i need the origanl osx cd? or can i just cant a diffent one thanks guys :headbang:

Hello guys ok im new to this but i have a Dq35jo intel mobo a core2duo e8500 cpu and a gtx 650 gpu
i have 4gb ram
and a 250 gb harddrive ohh and i also use the audio that comes out my graphics card and i use hdmi
now i need to know how would i go about installing osx mounain lion on this computer im done with windows and i want mac so bad
its so clean and simple and has logic and other mac only programs that i would like :/
ohh and one more thing i just bought my self new cpu ram powersupply and mobo and basicly a whole new computer
the cpu is a fx 8350 ram is 16gb
harddrive is 500 gb
and power supply dosent really matter but its 600 wats :p ohhhh and mobo is the top of the line asus amd+ mobo and my gpu is going from a gtx 650 to a 650 ti boost too...so i know ill have fast enough hard ware so i want to know if thouse parts are ok to ...

so ya can you all give me the best way to install osx on here....??ohh and do i need the origanl osx cd? or can i just cant a diffent one thanks guys :headbang:
You need an existing mac to purchase the mountain lion app. then you have to make a bootable usb with unibeast....
check here
http://www.tonymacx86.com/61-unibeast-install-os-x-mountain-lion-any-supported-intel-based-pc.html

I suspect that you will have great problems getting your Intel board running. Socket 775 is quite old. If you are going to try then try with Snow Leopard first.

Your assertion that power supply does not matter is wrong. It is the most critical part of a build, cheap unbranded PSUs are normally the cause of system freezes, random shutdowns and all sorts of problems - the reason they don't supply the regulated voltage/wattage required to the components. Use a big name PSU, they have a reputation to uphold. Cheap ones sell because they are cheap, not because they are good.

Adrian B

I have exactly the same motherboard (DQ35JOE) and it works fine with OS X Lion (10.7.5) and Mountain Lion (10.8.4) on it - I have had random rebooting from having CPU Kernel Panic issues when I upgraded to Mavericks on that particular motherboard - luckily for me its my "spare" tower so running mountain lion on it is fine for what I use it for.

Troy :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back