Motherboard
Asus ROG Maximus XI Hero (Wi-Fi)
CPU
i9 9900K OC @ 5.0GHz
Graphics
Vega 64
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi guys, first of all I wanna thank you for this great community, I learn so much things here.

This week I'll purchase the parts for my first Hackintosh, and I wanna your expert opinion, for which I thank you in advance.

I wanna small and quiet mAtx build, no plans for overclocking or intensive gaming. The main purpose for this build is to modeling some 3d kitchens in 3ds max and Maya.

I'm from Bulgaria and here is very hard to find some parts that I want. And that's why I choose those components.

Here what I choose for now, the budget is around 1500 dollars with monitor and all other first aid parts. I'm not planning to upgrade soon.

PC_for_TonyMacx86.png

If you think I will have some problems to install Mavericks on any of these components please tell me. I'm planning to dual boot with windows in near future but for now I'm stick with those two hard drives. This parts cost around 1750 dollars.

Thanks and God bless you all :thumbup:

The first apparent problem is that the motherboard won't fit inside your choice of
Fractal Design case. The Define mini is only micro ATX and the board is ATX.
You could use the ATX size Fractal R4. I would also go with the I7-4770 or 4771 cpu
instead of the Xeon you've listed. Will save you some money and work just as well
with that motherboard (H87).

Few points:

1. The H87-D3H is a full ATX board. You need the H87M-D3H for mATX.

2. Have a look at the buyers guide for a suitable DVD drive. Check the forum to see if that Samsung works OK, if not look to swap it for one in the buyers guide.

3. Check the RAM is on the Gigabytes motherboard supported list of memory. The buyers guide recommends Crucial. Seen successful builds with G Skill and Kingston though. Avoid Corsair and you should be fine!

Sorry for the confusion, I have chosen the wrong motherboard. I fix this choice.
Here in Bulgaria i4770 is much more expensive option than Xeon, so do not think that I would come out cheaper with it.
I chose another DVD / RW, Lite-On and Kingston memory.

Attachments

• Screenshot at May 27 14-26-48.png
    Screenshot at May 27 14-26-48.png
    150.8 KB · Views: 128
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back