Contribute
Register

Is This Hardware supported for Sierra or High Sierra?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi!, My brother and I wanted to build a Hackintosh and we were wondering if all these parts will work, or if we should get different ones.

CPU: i7 - 7700K 4.2 GHz
Mother Board: Gigabyte LGA 1151 z170
GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1050Ti 4gb

We were thinking about getting a better GPU, since he may want to partition it and also have a Windows machine to do some VR gaming.

This is our first build and might have gotten too ambitious trying to do a Hackintosh, but want to finish what we started, lol. Please help!

Thank you.

Hi!, My brother and I wanted to build a Hackintosh and we were wondering if all these parts will work, or if we should get different ones.

CPU: i7 - 7700K 4.2 GHz
Mother Board: Gigabyte LGA 1151 z170
GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1050Ti 4gb

We were thinking about getting a better GPU, since he may want to partition it and also have a Windows machine to do some VR gaming.

This is our first build and might have gotten too ambitious trying to do a Hackintosh, but want to finish what we started, lol. Please help!

Thank you.

What is the motherboard that you want exactly? There are various models of Gigabyte Z170 motherboards.

Please note that to use a 7700K with a Z170 motherboard, the motherboard may need a BIOS upgrade before it can recognize the CPU.

If you want to dual boot Windows I recommend using separate disks for MacOS and Windows.

Otherwise the build should be OK. You need MacOS Sierra 10.12.6 or High Sierra.

This is the motherboard we have is:

Gigabyte LGA 1151 Z170 2-Way SLI UEFI DualBIOS ATX DDR4 ATX DDR4 NA Motherboards GA-Z170XP-SLI

Thank you!

This is the motherboard we have is:

Gigabyte LGA 1151 Z170 2-Way SLI UEFI DualBIOS ATX DDR4 ATX DDR4 NA Motherboards GA-Z170XP-SLI

Thank you!

Should work provided the motherboard recognizes the CPU. Can you be certain that the motherboard already has the necessary BIOS version to recognize a Kaby Lake CPU like the 7700K? If not, perhaps you might consider a Skylake CPU like the 6700K instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back