Contribute
Register

Is this Gigabyte GA-Z97M-DS3H mATX Build Hackintosh Compatible?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Could someone please tell me if the following components are compatible in building a Hackintosh PC:

• Motherboard: Gigabyte Z97M-DS3H
  • Processor: Intel i5 4460
  • Graphics Card: EVGA Nvidia GeForce GTX 760 2GB Graphics Card
  • RAM: HyperX FURY Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3 Memory Kit
  • Power Supply: Corsair Builder Series CXM 600W Modular Power Supply
  • Boot SSD: Crucial M500 240GB SSD
  • Storage HDD: WD 1TB Desktop SATA Drive - Caviar Blue
  • Wireless Card: TP-Link TL-WN881ND PCI-E Adapter

Thanks for the Help!

I have this motherboard and the last time I tried (around September 2014) I wasn't able to even boot into the installation process. It would hang at a certain point I can't remember exactly right now, however the problem was featured on this board somewhere. I think the solution was to use ozmosis, which I couldn't be bothered to deal with at that time. Also, this was still with Mavericks.

I'm going to give it another shot soon because I'm fed up with Windows just about the right amount.

It would be nice to know if anyone using this motherboard has had success, and what special steps they had to perform that are outside of the default installation described here on the board. What about OP? Any success?

@yezarieal

When you first tried last Sept. you used Mavericks ? The install of Yosemite on a Z97 motherboard
with a compatible CPU is much easier. Follow a Yosemite guide that uses the same motherboard.
If none of those guides suit you then follow any Gigabyte Z97 motherboard install guide that uses
Yosemite but make sure to select your specific Audio and Networking Kexts in Multibeast. Good Luck.

Hi

It's work , i don't use Multicast/Clover but i flash my motherboard with Ozmosis bios, default settings, disables virtualisation/vt-d, boot uefi ( it's important) and i install Yosemite from normal usb boot.

I use kext wizard to install network, for sound i use voodoohda.kext.
Reboot and enjoy !!!!!

I need to finish to resolve my boot loader with uefi

Thanks

Hi

It's work , i don't use Multicast/Clover but i flash my motherboard with Ozmosis bios, default settings, disables virtualisation/vt-d, boot uefi ( it's important) and i install Yosemite from normal usb boot.

I use kext wizard to install network, for sound i use voodoohda.kext.
Reboot and enjoy !!!!!

I need to finish to resolve my boot loader with uefi

Thanks

And this has exactly what to do with the original question?

I certainly wouldn't advise anybody to use the Ozmosis Bios without very careful thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back