Contribute
Register

Is this build compatible with OS X 10.9 Mavericks?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hey @all,

First of all, I'm not completely new to hackintosh, I already managed to install distros of Tiger, Leopard and Snow Leopard on Notebooks and Netbooks in the past. But whereas those were only trying and playing around, I'm thinking about installing Mavericks on my new desktop pc now and dual booting it with an already running version of Windows 7.
So basically, I wanted to ask wether my build (listed below) is compatible with Mavericks and if there's anything I should keep in mind while installing.

Specs:

Motherboard: MSI Z87-G43 (Chipset: Z87/ATX)
CPU: Quad-Core i7-4770k @4Ghz
GPU: 2048 MB NVIDIA Geforce GTX 770
RAM: 16384MB DDR3 Corsair XMS 3 Dual Channel 1600MHz (2x 8GB)

Thanks in advance!
~Noeliel

*Edit:
And just in case Mavericks wouldn't run on my build, how about Mountain Lion / Lion?

Just an FYI, we will only give support for installs of legal retail copies of
OS X from the Mac App Store. Check out the Rules section for more on
this. Distros will create nothing but problems for you and for us. Don't
even consider using one. TIA for your compliance. :thumbup:

As far as installing on your MSI, yes it will work with a few extra
steps from the normal procedure for a Gigabyte board. Type the
name of your board in Search and find the User build by Neilhart
for the details. Welcome to the forum.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/mountain-...-os-x-10-8-5-onto-haswell-msi-z87m-g43-2.html

Scroll down to post #1 the procedure is the same whether installing Mavericks or Mtn. Lion.

Thanks a lot, I already found the thread you mentioned and managed to flash my bios & install Mavericks. Currently, I'm searching for drivers ;)

Concerning the distros - I own 3 MacBooks and an older model of the Mac Pro, so I payed for pretty much any Mac OS from Panther up to Mountain Lion - and I got Mavericks from the App Store :)
I do fully understand that communities like this one don't support warez.

Kind regards,
~Noeliel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back