Graphics
HD 4000
Mac
  1. MacBook
  2. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi folks,
Has been a while since my last post, but my Haswell Hackintosh has been working well for about a year now.

The only problem I started to experience recently, looks like it could be related to Graphics Cards (or lack thereof) but I'm not exactly sure.

Quite often now, when I move the cursor across the screen, it'll freeze - and then dart across to where it's supposed to be very quickly. This can be annoying.

Also, when I'm looking at the Wordpress Dashboard (backend of a website), I notice the left menu buttons aren't displaying properly. I have to move the cursor over to them to make them display properly.

Also, Chrome Canary keeps cutting out on me when I'm trying to type in a CP table of a site (like Wordpress Dashboard, and typing into this Forum etc.), so I have to switch to Firefox.

My intuition is that it's probably a Graphics Card problem, but I'm not sure.
I don't have a "stand-alone" graphics card installed - the machine is just using the "in-built" features of the Gigabyte motherboard.

Q: Is it time I bought a stand-alone graphics card? - or are the problems I'm experiencing caused by something else?

...Oh yes, on a graphics consumption note, I think I should let you know that I plan to start using screen-recording software (like Screenflow or Camtasia) and buy a Microphone.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you for reading :)

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My OS: Mavericks

Mobo: Gigabyte GA-Z87X-UD3H
CPU: Intel i7 4770K
Graphics —> (in-built)
WiFi card: TP-Link N900 (TL-WDN4800)
HD1: Samsung SSD 120 GB
PSU: Corsair RM650
RAM: Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz 8GB DDR3 [x 1]

I have been advised by a user elsewhere to try and re-install my motherboard drivers.

--> Please can you tell me, is there a way to do this without having to go through the whole TonyMac software installation process all over again?

I have looked in Multibeast, but the only option for Graphics Driver installation seems to be for people who have a specific type of Graphics Card, which I don't have.

Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back