CPU
Graphics
hd6870
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Ok, so I built my hackintosh i7 870 - P55M UD2 - 8GB 1333 - 3 x 500GB HDD (one perm for time machine) and an 8400gs.

I have installed it using Tony's DSDT, and NV Enabler and that is it.

I have macbook pro's use a 8 core MP in the studio, and after a month of using my new Hackintosh I have to say, I feel I am in a false state of security. When do all the glitches people keep telling me I'm "definitely going to get" start happening?

This thing is super quick, geek benches 10400, not over clocked at all and runs everything intensive (logic/ableton/CS5) as if they were nothing at all. It's insatiable.

for all intents and purposes, It's a MAC.

What do I need to avoid to ruin this dream relationship?

i used to have the same feelings as you for the first month, but after that i realised that even if anything does happen, its not the end of the world and there is always a way around it eg, use the drive as an external on another mac or something to get the data off, use iboot etc.

tbh nowadays theres not so much tweaking down the os, so its as close to a real mac as its ever been. i would stop worrying

Guys, my system, too, is free of any problems since day one, other than a bad memory stick. The Gigabyte P55M-UD2 and equivalent Asus motherboards and the 8000 & 9000 Nvidia cards have been rock steady. Tony recently remarked that these boards should have never been taken out of production since they just work.

So, enjoy! :headbang:

Have to say since mine friends have been asking me to build them similar systems.
You can still get the UD2 in ebay which is handy ;)

ok i shall stop worrying. :cool:

I just passed a week with my new build and it's still perfect!

aspen said:
tonyloco said:

just stuck a gt 240 in mine and cant get dual monitors now :(
Did you upgrade your Multibeast setting for the new card?
check the graphics thread or use search and see what you need for the 240.
There are several 240's listed in the wiki as working.

eelhead said:
aspen said:
tonyloco said:

just stuck a gt 240 in mine and cant get dual monitors now :(
Did you upgrade your Multibeast setting for the new card?
check the graphics thread or use search and see what you need for the 240.
There are several 240's listed in the wiki as working.

it should just work with graphics enabler = yes

but alas not on dual monitors :(

You're right, a sense of false security is always running under our thoughts. ;)

But the only thing we can do to avoid disasters is a thorough backup of our precious data, expecially before upgrades and/or important changes.

I'm used to backup with SoperDuper on an internal drive and backup user data onto 2 different external HDs. 4 times in a year I write some DVDs of my data and keep the copies in different locations.

That's all we can do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back