Contribute
Register
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am planning on making a budget-ish Hackintosh to replace my aging Mid-2009 MacBook (An AWESOME machine, definitely gonna keep it after so I have an OS X laptop for school/travel). I am simply wondering if the following parts are compatible. From what I can tell, they are, but with Hackintoshing, ya never know. Thank you!

(Also I know some of the parts may not make sense, but Im using this for non-graphics intensive workloads, so ram mattered to me more than Graphics.)

Intel Core i3-4170 3.7GHz Dual-Core Processor
Gigabyte GA-B85M-DS3H-A Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard
Kingston ValueRAM 2GB (1 x 2GB) DDR3-1333 Memory
G.Skill Value Series 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR3-1333 Memory
Hitachi Deskstar 7K2000 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Logisys CS206BK ATX Mid Tower Case w/480W Power Supply
Cooler Master SickleFlow 69.7 CFM 120mm Fan

Last edited by a moderator:
I am planning on making a budget-ish Hackintosh to replace my aging Mid-2009 MacBook (An AWESOME machine, definitely gonna keep it after so I have an OS X laptop for school/travel). I am simply wondering if the following parts are compatible. From what I can tell, they are, but with Hackintoshing, ya never know. Thank you!

(Also I know some of the parts may not make sense, but Im using this for non-graphics intensive workloads, so ram mattered to me more than Graphics.)

Intel Core i3-4170 3.7GHz Dual-Core Processor
Gigabyte GA-B85M-DS3H-A Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard
Kingston ValueRAM 2GB (1 x 2GB) DDR3-1333 Memory
Hitachi Deskstar 7K2000 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Logisys CS206BK ATX Mid Tower Case w/480W Power Supply
Cooler Master SickleFlow 69.7 CFM 120mm Fan

I'm not sure about the RAM configuration (are you just trying to use a 2GB stick you already have laying around?) but everything else should work together with OS X just fine.

I'm not sure about the RAM configuration (are you just trying to use a 2GB stick you already have laying around?) but everything else should work together with OS X just fine.
THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR YOUR HELP! The extra ram is just to squeeze the very last dollar from my budget, haha.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back