Contribute
Register

Is there any solution/workaround for Apple Music DRM issue with lossless music?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yea I’m also on Big Sur and fortunately I have a cheap RX560 from a couple of years ago.

I find set an incorrect ig-platform-id then Apple Music play lossless is work

I find set an incorrect ig-platform-id then Apple Music play lossless is work
with dGPU? And incorrect platform id would cause other issues. I don't have any device properties in config file (OC).

with dGPU? And incorrect platform id would cause other issues. I don't have any device properties in config file (OC).
I use GTX 660 + i5-4590,And incorrect ig-platform-id would cause iGPU is not work.

ig-platform-id is in Graphics.

<key>Graphics</key>
<dict>
<key>Inject</key>
<dict>
<key>ATI</key>
<false/>
<key>Intel</key>
<true/>
<key>NVidia</key>
<false/>
</dict>
<key>ig-platform-id</key>
<string>0x0C260000</string>
<key>PatchVBios</key>
<false/>
</dict>

I use GTX 660 + i5-4590,And incorrect ig-platform-id would cause iGPU is not work.

ig-platform-id is in Graphics.

<key>Graphics</key>
<dict>
<key>Inject</key>
<dict>
<key>ATI</key>
<false/>
<key>Intel</key>
<true/>
<key>NVidia</key>
<false/>
</dict>
<key>ig-platform-id</key>
<string>0x0C260000</string>
<key>PatchVBios</key>
<false/>
</dict>
I use only iGPU

I use iGPU for macOS and GTX 1070 for Windows, that's why I kept it this way
we only really care about the hardware you are using for macOS, so please update it to help other people to help you easier

@aeeq Setting an incorrect Framebuffer is not the way to fix DRM issues. If you are going to do something like that it would be better to disable the IGPU in the bios and just use a discrete GPU for graphics and DRM playback, with a SMBIOS for an iMac Pro or Mac Pro.
  • When patching an IGPU the framebuffer information should be added to the Devices > Properties section of your config.plist.
  • When using a Haswell IGPU: the AAPL,ig-platform-id you should be using alongside a discrete GPU is 04001204 with an iMac14,2 SMBIOS.
  • When using a Haswell Refresh IGPU the AAPL,ig-platform-id should be 0B001204, with iMac15,1 SMBIOS.
If you are using WhateverGreen.kext (WEG) you should not be using the Inject Intel=true option or any other Nvidia or AMD related patching in your config.plist. It is one of the easiest ways to mess up the automatic patching that WEG undertakes.

@enigmasi How are you disabling the GTX 1070 in macOS, boot argument or custom SSDT? Are you sure the DGPU is being completely disabled in macOS.

I have tried using a DAC (FIIO BTR3K) but still not working.

I am using SMBIOS 19,1 for my 8700K

Can someone give insight or point to a place how Apple DRM is decoded and why it is not working in a Hackintosh?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back