Contribute
Register

Is there any documentation for the Quirks in Clover 5127?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z690 UD AX DDR4
CPU
i7-12700k
Graphics
RX590
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
I'm running OSX 10.15.7 and I was successfully booting between OSX, Windows and Linux using Clover 5119.

In preparation to update to Big Sur I updated Clover to 5127. Once I did that my system would not boot OSX - stalling at "EXITBS:START" then a row of "++++". I added the default Quirks section from OpenCore to my config.plist and I can again boot into OSX.

I have no idea which of the quirks I added are needed and which I should not be using. Is there any documentation describing what each of these quirks do?

I'm running an Intel 7700k on an Asus Maximus IX Apex mainboard (Z70 chipset) with 16GB of memory and an AMD RX590 video card.

Thanks!

As Clover r5124 and newer versions are de facto Clover+OC, guides for OpenCore (like Dortania’s) may be also suitable.

Just choose the platform you use and you will find the explanations of those quirks.

Now Clover 5119 has changed its settings a bit and now it works only on Windows. I do not know how you were able to synchronize these programs on different platforms, but I was offered to use the database from somewhere else. In fact, I found nothing better than to make an OpenCore database and move it to a cloud service. They sometimes give you tips on how to manage the documentation and how to make changes. I don't care, but it is only with https://clickhelp.com/clickhelp-tec...ood-and-bad-technical-documentation-examples/ that I can change the text of the documentation and work with technical authors, as the work has become easier and more convenient since.
While your enthusiasm is admirable, this thread is about a year old, and its likely the OP's original query has been long since resolved. Also, please update your profile to include the full model of your motherboard, so that others are more able to help, whenever needed. Cheers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back