Contribute
Register

Is there any benefit to going to Gigabyte?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
So I got my build advice from Gizmodo.com and they suggested on getting a "asus p7p55d-e pro". To me as far as I know everything seems to be working, is there any benefit or advantage whether big or small to going with a Gigabyte board instead?

nzalog said:
So I got my build advice from Gizmodo.com and they suggested on getting a "asus p7p55d-e pro". To me as far as I know everything seems to be working, is there any benefit or advantage whether big or small to going with a Gigabyte board instead?
Have a look into the DSDT Database and you know the answer

karacho said:
nzalog said:
Well that's what confuses me. The DSTS for that board says "Vanilla No Edits". Sorry I don't know what that means vs the Gigabyte ones.

nzalog said:
karacho said:
nzalog said:
Well that's what confuses me. The DSTS for that board says "Vanilla No Edits". Sorry I don't know what that means vs the Gigabyte ones.
"Vanilla No Edits" speaks for hisself...is a fresh from Bios extracted, clean DSDT w/o any modifications and almost useless in this case. The Gigabyte DSDT's are ready for use

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back