Contribute
Register

Is there any benefit to going to Gigabyte?

Mac
MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
iOS
So I got my build advice from Gizmodo.com and they suggested on getting a "asus p7p55d-e pro". To me as far as I know everything seems to be working, is there any benefit or advantage whether big or small to going with a Gigabyte board instead?

Motherboard
ASUS ROG Strix Z270E-Gaming
CPU
i5-7600K
Graphics
Vega 64
Mac
MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
Power Mac
Mobile Phone
Android, iOS
nzalog said:
So I got my build advice from Gizmodo.com and they suggested on getting a "asus p7p55d-e pro". To me as far as I know everything seems to be working, is there any benefit or advantage whether big or small to going with a Gigabyte board instead?
Have a look into the DSDT Database and you know the answer

Mac
MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
iOS
karacho said:
nzalog said:
Well that's what confuses me. The DSTS for that board says "Vanilla No Edits". Sorry I don't know what that means vs the Gigabyte ones.

Motherboard
ASUS ROG Strix Z270E-Gaming
CPU
i5-7600K
Graphics
Vega 64
Mac
MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
Power Mac
Mobile Phone
Android, iOS
nzalog said:
karacho said:
nzalog said:
Well that's what confuses me. The DSTS for that board says "Vanilla No Edits". Sorry I don't know what that means vs the Gigabyte ones.
"Vanilla No Edits" speaks for hisself...is a fresh from Bios extracted, clean DSDT w/o any modifications and almost useless in this case. The Gigabyte DSDT's are ready for use