Contribute
Register

Is there an adapter that combines two 9 pin USB plugs with one 19 pin USB socket?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
MSI Z170A Gaming M5 ATX
CPU
i7-6700K
Graphics
Vega 56
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
A pin on the long double USB header of my mainboard is broken. However, I see two other USB headers (that I guess are USB since they have 9 pins) on my mainboard. Is there an adapter that I can plug the long double USB cable that goes to the front of the case into and the other end is two smaller USB plugs that go into the two smaller USB headers? I've made an illustration since this sounds a little complicated...

usb adapter illustration.png

I'm looking for something like this cable, just with two identical cables coming out of the bigger end:
similar.jpg

A pin on the long double USB header of my mainboard is broken. However, I see two other USB headers (that I guess are USB since they have 9 pins) on my mainboard. Is there an adapter that I can plug the long double USB cable that goes to the front of the case into and the other end is two smaller USB plugs that go into the two smaller USB headers? I've made an illustration since this sounds a little complicated...

View attachment 421263
I'm looking for something like this cable, just with two identical cables coming out of the bigger end:
View attachment 421264

The 9 pin USB headers are USB 2.
Each 9 pin USB header has connections for two USB ports.

The 19 pin USB headers are for USB 3.1 gen 1 (formerly known as USB 3).
Each 19 pin USB header has connections for two USB ports.

You can not combine two 9 pin USB headers (4 ports) to a single 19 pin connector (2 ports).

Oh ok, well then the situation is different than expected. I guess I'll just have to stick with the one working usb port that isn't fed by the broken pin.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back