Nvidia
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hello everybody,

thanks to the iBoot method I was able to set up a nice desktop PC - it's a perfectly working machine. Besides this I've got an MSI Wind that was my first Hackintosh. But now I'd like to setup a real laptop with OS X. I seriously thought about buying an Apple MacBook but the hardware offered by Apple has certain features I don't want.

So what am I looking for:
- something between 11.6" and 13.3"
- preferably a non-glossy screen (but might consider glossy)
- weight below 2 kg
- no glossy surface, they only attract fingerprints
- VGA and HDMI ports
- min. 3 USB ports
- CPU doesn't matter as long as it's better as Intel Atom, Core2Duo or Core i3 would be nice
- hardware can be new or old - as long as I can still find it on ebay ;)

With a perfect machine I would consider a glossy screen, but only if I can remove the LCD-panel to have it laminated with a non-reflective film/foil (there are companies offering this as a service). Unfortunately this can not be done with the 13.3" MacBooks.

What should be working:
- QE/CI
- VGA (HDMI is optional)
- Sleep
- USB ports
- audio

I can live without network, as long as USB is working ;)

Would be great if you have any suggestions for me. Currently the only option I found is an HP Probook 4330s. I think this makes a very nice Hackintosh, but having something lighter would be awesome, as I carry the laptop every day!

Thanks for reading!

I figured out that there is a 12" version of the HP Probook, the Probook 4230s. This would be an interessting candidate - if only it was available in my part of the world. Therefore it's obviously not an option for me but perhaps this information is usefull to somebody else.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back