Contribute
Register

Is the Pentium G645 2.9GHz Desktop hackintosh a possibility?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Asus Sabertooth Z77
CPU
i5 3570K
Graphics
EVGA GTX 970 SSC
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hello there,

Could anyone tell me if the above configuration could be used to install OSX?? And if so, what is the suggested version of OSX? I've successfully installed 2 Ivy rigs, but i'm lost on this particular configuration.

Thanks in advance.

You will need a dedicated graphics card (I used NVidia 610) and a 6- or 7- series board. I had the following setup: GA-B75-D3H + Pentium 640 + Nvidia 610, everything worked smoothly. Then I swapped CPU for Pentium 23xx-something (Ivy bridge, basically it's i3-3220 without HT) and upgraded video to NVidia 740 - now that is a decent rig, using iMac12,2 profile, works with only two DSDT patches - AppleHDA (extra kext with .xml->.zml profiles for realtek 897) and a patch for internal SATA drives (aka orange icons) - those are injected with Clover together with fakesmc and lan kexts.

Hello there,

Could anyone tell me if the above configuration could be used to install OSX?? And if so, what is the suggested version of OSX? I've successfully installed 2 Ivy rigs, but i'm lost on this particular configuration.

Thanks in advance.

The G645 is a Sandy Bridge CPU and can be used but you will need a supported graphics card since the CPU graphics is not supported. What motherboard do you plan to use?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back