Votes: 9 42.9%
  • Uglier than sin

Votes: 1 4.8%
  • It's a dust bunny breeding farm in a box

Votes: 2 9.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree that it is ugly. Like a bad version of the older Mac Pros. Probably a design the got rejected originally by Steve Jobs when he was alive.

But a return to towers instead of trash cans is a nice thing. One thing I don't understand it why Apple likes to put buttons and ports on top. (G4 cube). People put things on top of their computers all the time.

Some day, Apple might return to the consumer mini-tower. They seem to think the mini will fill the niche of those who like separate monitors and not all-in-ones like the iMacs.

Make it thinner...thinner...thinner. Seemed to be the whole goal for the last 20 years. I'd rather see expandable, upgradeable, ability to add many screens (non-Apple or thunderbolt). Which is why I have a Hackitosh at work and at home. 3 screens at work, 2 at home. Could easily add another to either one. Easily add more HD space, easily add more RAM (and cheaply).

I think it is; it looks like they are trying to hard to make it look functional instead of making it functional; for example exaggerating those feet and wheels; those are way bigger than they need to be. This is functionally amplified by surpassing a prosumer market at entrylevel by an upgradable machine.
Like a replica kit car of a Ferrari that is more expensive than a Ferrari

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back