Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hey guys,

I've been trying for just over a day to get macOS Sierra to work now and no joy. I managed to get it installed using nv_disable=1 and booted into it once but not had any luck since then.

I've done a lot of reading that the 610 wasn't supported yet, but that was over a month ago and was wondering whether anything has changed - I have tried two graphics cards now, the Nvidia GT 610 and the MSI GT 630 and neither seem to have worked.

Thank you in advanced.

No change - Still no support in Sierra.

I presume my only other option is to buy another graphics card that is support I guess, right?
No idea as you have not followed the forum rules :
The Rules said:
Profiles need to contain at least your primary system to assist others with helping you

I apologize.

Specs are: HP Pavilion HPE-063UK - Intel Core i7 860 - 8GB DDR3 - Nvidia GeForce GT 610 (but also have MSI GT 630 spare) - anything else you guys should know?
Thanks but the rules say that your specs should be in your profile not some random place of your own choosing.
This helps us to help you.

Profile.png

As your processor does not have integrated graphics you would need a supported graphics card to run Sierra.

Thank you. How come adding the driver that I used on El Capitan wouldn't work?

Seriously ?
Because an El Capitan driver is for El Capitan and a Sierra driver is for Sierra - Different operating systems.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back