Motherboard
Asus P8H61 M-LX USB3
CPU
Intel Core i5-3470
Graphics
Palit Dual GTX 1060 6GB
Mobile Phone
  1. Windows Phone
Since the latest top-of-the-line MacBook Pro 15 inch models have Polaris 11 Radeon Pro GPUs, does this mean Polaris GPUs will be natively supported in a Hackintosh build without any low-level modifications? I'm thinking of re-using my i5-3470 CPU and motherboard for a Hackintosh build when I upgrade to the upcoming Ryzen 5.

Since the latest top-of-the-line MacBook Pro 15 inch models have Polaris 11 Radeon Pro GPUs, does this mean Polaris GPUs will be natively supported in a Hackintosh build without any low-level modifications? I'm thinking of re-using my i5-3470 CPU and motherboard for a Hackintosh build when I upgrade to the upcoming Ryzen 5.

The short answer is Yes, with some caveats, the most egregious being that AMD cards won't wake after sleep in Sierra. See this thread for more details: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/radeon-compatibility-guide-ati-amd-graphics-cards.171291/

Hopefully support will continue for the upcoming Rx 500 series lineup

The biggest issue with those GPUs is the fact that they'll boot into a black screen unless one prevents the GPU from getting init'ed during boot phase (e.g. by configuring it as 2nd video adapter, thus losing any pre OS video output).

That's very annoying for dual booters, so we usually don't recommend those GPUs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back