CPU
i5-2500K OC 4.2GHz
Graphics
HD 6850
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I am getting a _____ "is not registered with iMessage" error when trying to use the messages app, with every person in my contact list. Its working on iphone, ipad and MacBook, so service is not down. Anybody else experiencing these problems?

I am getting a _____ "is not registered with iMessage" error when trying to use the messages app, with every person in my contact list. Its working on iphone, ipad and MacBook, so service is not down. Anybody else experiencing these problems?

I can't get iMessage working either... :(

I am also seeing this. It works just fine on my iPad for the same users. Not sure what happened.

I noticed a similar issue last night (Aug 20) but thought it was just a network glitch. I've not managed to get iMessage to work all day but it's just fine on all my Apple iOS devices. I've not installed any updates recently so have no clue why it's suddenly void of connection.

I use iMessage on my iphone and Hackintosh (10.8.3).
Same thing happened to me on August 20.
I did some research
finally, I found out reactivating your iMessage account on your iDevices will solve this problem.

1. close iMessage on your Mac.

2. on your iphone, go to setting- Message, turn off iMessage. Then turn it on again.
(for some users, it will show you "waiting for activation....". it might take couples of hours to complete this process.
it's normal.. just be patient and leave the switch ON because if you turn it off, it will restart the activation process.)

3. after iMessage on iPhone get activated. open iMessage on OSX, it should work now..

Hope this help....:)

I use iMessage on my iphone and Hackintosh (10.8.3).
Same thing happened to me on August 20.
I did some research
finally, I found out reactivating your iMessage account on your iDevices will solve this problem.

1. close iMessage on your Mac.

2. on your iphone, go to setting- Message, turn off iMessage. Then turn it on again.
(for some users, it will show you "waiting for activation....". it might take couples of hours to complete this process.
it's normal.. just be patient and leave the switch ON because if you turn it off, it will restart the activation process.)

3. after iMessage on iPhone get activated. open iMessage on OSX, it should work now..

Hope this help....:)

Thanks daohaon! That worked perfectly for me. You rock!

Looks like I spoke to soon. iMessage continues to break for me. I am at a loss as to why. :banghead:

Is there a trick to how long you have to keep the devices de-activated? I've tried this 4 times and my hackintosh still can't connect. I get notifications on iOS devices that the hackintosh has started using the service, but once I actually try to send a message, I get the red highlighted name that says the user isn't registered (which I know they are).

I am having this problem too. I've tried the authentication fix posted here, but it only slightly solved the problem. There was a moment when it was working 100% when I first implemented the fix, but upon waking the computer from sleep, it was right back to the same problem.

At best, my service is in and out. Sometimes it will work for some of my iMessage contacts while not others. Sometimes it will work for only receiving messages from my iMessage contacts but unable to send. Other times, all of the contacts will show up as being "not registered with iMessage" even though they are. Then on very rare occasion it all works. I seem to have some success if I reboot, but the success will only last for as long as that session. If I wake from sleep the problem comes back.

I'm unsure if this has to do with the outages the service was having universally a few days ago. It seems like it would since prior to that time iMessage was working just fine for me. At the same time, I noticed that most everyone posting in this thread has a z77 up5 th motherboard. Is it possible that the problem might somehow be related to that piece of hardware? I thought there was a similar problem with iTunes authentication for 7-series motherboards and Ivy Bridge CPU, so is it something similar now for iMessage? Just some thoughts, but not sure.

In any case, I'm in search of a reliable fix to this problem as well.

I tried the fix mentioned above, but it did not work for me.
It appears to work but when i try and send a message I just get an error saying that it "cannot be sent, try again."
I have a Macbook, iPad, iPhone, all which work flawlessly the only thing i am having trouble with is my hack. I am not sure at all where the problem lies.

Matching serial code does not help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back