1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
My processor is a

[h=1]Intel Core i5-3570K Ivy Bridge 3.4GHz[/h]
I would like to know if this is compatible with snow leopard and my motherboard

[h=1]GIGABYTE GA-Z77X-UP5 TH LGA 1155 Intel Z77 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard[/h]
i recently watched a video saying ivy bridge is not compatible with snowleapard but after searching around for a while it seems like people have used ivy bridge before, Please help:?:

Thanks for your response. By the way, what is integrated HD graphics and will it affect my computer?

-Noob

Thanks for your response. By the way, what is integrated HD graphics and will it affect my computer?

"Integrated HD graphics" means the onboard graphics support that comes with some Intel Core CPUs (yours included) so that you don't need an extra graphics card. You hook up your display straight to your mainboard. It's fast enough for anything but hardcore gaming. Your CPU & your mainboard will give you Intel's HD 4000, which is supported out of the box with the UniBeast & MultiBeast methods described on this site.

One question: why are you so insistent on using Snow Leopard? Your setup is perfect for Mountain Lion, any reason why you want to use an older OS?

ML is great. But if you insist, I believe you will need rboot inorder to boot/install SL. And totally worth it. My new advice is to go to somewhere with access to Macs I.e. a library and make a Unibeast Drive.

i guess i could run lion, but i recently decided to try to buy a motherboard that is mac os compatible ( Any kind ) i would like this board to be able to have 64 gigs of ram to run a server, if you have any ideas that are compatible with all my parts, please let me know.

Be careful on advice you give before you know for sure. Snow Leopard does not support Ivy. It probably never will. Also to get that much RAM you would have to make the jump to the 2011 chipset. If you look at that motherboard the max RAM is 32 GB.

Be careful on advice you give before you know for sure. Snow Leopard does not support Ivy. It probably never will. Also to get that much RAM you would have to make the jump to the 2011 chipset. If you look at that motherboard the max RAM is 32 GB.

Yes, but people have done it with rboot.

EDIT: With custom illegal Kernels. Nevermind.

cant do it with rboot, as rboot doesnt include a kernel.

its possible you can install/run with a iboot legacy, as that includes a patched/legacy kernel, but snow leopard does not natively support ivy (and as pwalth21 said, probably never will).

if you want to use ivy, use ML.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back