Status
Not open for further replies.
Specs:
Intel Core i5-2400 CPU
Intel HD Graphics 2000
4GB RAM
500GB HDD
2ABF Foxconn Motherboard

If it isn’t compatible, will buying an Nvidia GeForce GT 710 make it compatible? I am very new to this so please be patient if I am slow at understanding your comments.

Thanks in advance for any responses.

Specs:
Intel Core i5-2400 CPU
Intel HD Graphics 2000
4GB RAM
500GB HDD
2ABF Foxconn Motherboard

If it isn’t compatible, will buying an Nvidia GeForce GT 710 make it compatible? I am very new to this so please be patient if I am slow at understanding your comments.

Thanks in advance for any responses.

Intel HD Graphics 2000 is not supported in MacOS. A GT710 should make the graphics part compatible with MacOS Sierra and High Sierra. Not sure about your motherboard, though.

Intel HD Graphics 2000 is not supported in MacOS. A GT710 should make the graphics part compatible with MacOS Sierra and High Sierra. Not sure about your motherboard, though.
I believe it has a PCI motherboard if that’s what you’re asking

Edit: just seen the motherboard only supports Intel HD Graphics.

Are motherboards easy to replace? And if they are, can you recommend any cheap ones to me

Last edited:
I believe it has a PCI motherboard if that’s what you’re asking

Edit: just seen the motherboard only supports Intel HD Graphics.

Are motherboards easy to replace? And if they are, can you recommend any cheap ones to me

What do you want to do with your system? Do you want to keep the other components and only replace the motherboard?

Your motherboard and CPU are from more than 6 years ago. If you want to only replace your motherboard, you will have to find a motherboard using Socket 1155. These motherboards are no longer available new, only second hand.

There is also the problem whether your computer case will be able to accept a standard motherboard. OEM computers are often based on proprietary motherboards, cases and power supplies and they may not be compatible with standard DIY motherboards.

What do you want to do with your system? Do you want to keep the other components and only replace the motherboard?

Your motherboard and CPU are from more than 6 years ago. If you want to only replace your motherboard, you will have to find a motherboard using Socket 1155. These motherboards are no longer available new, only second hand.

There is also the problem whether your computer case will be able to accept a standard motherboard. OEM computers are often based on proprietary motherboards, cases and power supplies and they may not be compatible with standard DIY motherboards.
Are you saying you don’t think my motherboard is compatible with MacOS? If so, sorry for the confusion. I have decided that I’ll go ahead and try install MacOS with the iGPU disabled. And later, try and find a graphics card which works. I mean I might as well try seeing as the computer cost me nothing. Thanks again for all the help.

Are you saying you don’t think my motherboard is compatible with MacOS? If so, sorry for the confusion. I have decided that I’ll go ahead and try install MacOS with the iGPU disabled. And later, try and find a graphics card which works. I mean I might as well try seeing as the computer cost me nothing. Thanks again for all the help.

You were asking whether the motherboard will be easy to replace, and I discussed the possible problems you might encounter in doing that.

Your motherboard may or may not be compatible with MacOS, but your Intel CPU graphics definitely is not supported. Even if you were able to install (and you might not be able to due to this incompatibility) MacOS would work badly. You definitely need a supported graphics card and you should check whether your motherboard and case allows for the installation of a separate graphics card.

You were asking whether the motherboard will be easy to replace, and I discussed the possible problems you might encounter in doing that.

Your motherboard may or may not be compatible with MacOS, but your Intel CPU graphics definitely is not supported. Even if you were able to install (and you might not be able to due to this incompatibility) MacOS would work badly. You definitely need a supported graphics card and you should check whether your motherboard and case allows for the installation of a separate graphics card.
Have taken a look inside and there are loads of free slots. And also seems to be a lot af space in there. I am aware of how badly MacOS will work without a gpu, but I want to see if I am get it working before I invest in a new graphics card. Thanks again for the help. I am hoping to begin the installation later on today. Fingers crossed it will be successful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back