Sapphire R9 280X 3GB DDR5
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hello!

My name is Italo, I'm brazilian and that's my first post here.

I built my PC some time ago and is running windows on it, but now I wanted to change and install OS X El Capintan in it. I don't know much about hardware, but I was wondering if my parts are compatible to make a hackintosh.

They are:

Motherboardd: Asus Sabertooth z97
CPU: Intel Core i7 4790k
CPU cooler: Corsair H100i watercooler
Graphic Card: Saphire R9 280x 3GB DDR5
Ram: 16 GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3
Drive: 1 SSD 128GB Kingston +
HD Seagate SATA 3,5´ Desktop HDD 1TB 7200RPM
Power Suplie: Zalman ZM600 GLX
Case: Corsair Vengeance c70

So, is my PC compatible? If not, what problems I may have?

Thanks!!

Hi, and welcome to the forum! :)

The only thing I'm not sure about is the graphics card. I believe that people have successfully used the R9, but I have stuck with Nvidia, as I know that they work out of the box.

Aside from that it all looks good.

Let us know how you get on, or if you need any help.

Good luck!

For me the R9 280x worked without any problems. I set up the system using the integrated HD4600 though and put in the R9 after the system was already running.

There is a list on this forum with the amd compatible graphics cards. Some of the r7, and r9 models list bugs, I've got an r7 265 which is really a 7850 re configure. It compares to the r9 270 or 280 but is not listed. When I get my system going I will try it out and report any findings. I may also try some of the different patches on the list for example maybe list it as a 7850 instead of an r7 265. Initially I'll be relying on hd4600 graphics. Look for the list using the search button.

Hello I am new to this forum and I will borrow this thread if I may...

I have a older PC at home and was thinking of making a hackintosh out of it if the hardware is not to old.
I was thinking about starting developing apps for iPhone but don't have the money for a Mac right know and want to try it. I've been a windows user for my whole life so go easy on me :p.

CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600
MotherBoard: Gigabyte G41MT-S2P
GPU: AMD Radeon HD 7750
RAM: 4GB
HDD: 1TB hard disk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back