Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
CPU: Core i7 4790k
Graphics: GeForce GTX 780
Motherboard: Asus Z97-P

Note: I am currently running OS El Capitan on my PC, the only issue I face is audio. Which is solved using a USB to audio dongle. That is why I want to fresh install it with OS Sierra.

Last edited:
CPU: Core i7 4790k
Graphics: GeForce GTX 780
Motherboard: Asus G97-P

Note: I am currently running OS El Capitan on my PC, the only issue I face is audio. Which is solved using a USB to audio dongle. That is why I want to fresh install it with OS Sierra.

Do you mean "Z97-P"? If it's compatible with El Capitan, it's probably compatible with Sierra. I don't think support has been added for any additional audio chips, so you'll probably have to continue to use the USB dongle.

The board will work fine although I don't think Ethernet will work and for Audio will require a patched AppleHDA.

The board will work fine although I don't think Ethernet will work and for Audio will require a patched AppleHDA.
Now does the AppleHDA support alc 891?

Do you mean "Z97-P"? If it's compatible with El Capitan, it's probably compatible with Sierra. I don't think support has been added for any additional audio chips, so you'll probably have to continue to use the USB dongle.
Thanks for the response, do you know anything I can do for alc 891?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back