Contribute
Register

Is my PC compatible with Hackintosh? Which version could be better?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
MPG Z390 GAMING PRO CARBON
CPU
Intel i7-8700 3.20GHz
Graphics
Nvidia GeForce RTX 2070
Motherboard: MSI Mpg Z390 Gaming Pro Carbon
CPU: Intel Core i7-8700 3.20GHz
RAM: x2 4GB DDR4 1066.1 MHz + x1 16GB DDR4 1400.6 MHz
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 8GB GDDR6
Power Suply: Enermax Naxn 500W

Thanks in advance to you all!

There are no drivers in any Apple operating system for a NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070.

Motherboard: MSI Mpg Z390 Gaming Pro Carbon
CPU: Intel Core i7-8700 3.20GHz
RAM: x2 4GB DDR4 1066.1 MHz + x1 16GB DDR4 1400.6 MHz
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 8GB GDDR6
Power Suply: Enermax Naxn 500W

Thanks in advance to you all!

I've seen forum posts about installing macOS on the Pro Carbon, seems some versions of the bios do not work with macOS. Other motherboards also have this issue, so don't give just look in to it to see what others have done. So you should research other people's forum posts on the topic. The graphics card is a no go, Nvidia and Apple have control issues. You would need to either use the integrated graphics or get a compatible AMD graphics card. The Sapphire brand has a good reputation for being compatible out of the box. There is an issue you can have with a black screen, there is a patch in Clover Configurator, or you can simply use one of the working ports.

If you don't mind me making the assumption this will be your first Hackintosh, each one is unique and it is often the case you can go from 'not booting' to 'works great' with a single check box, boot flag, or kext. So if at first it doesn't work, don't give up. Also once it is working well, make a back up of the EFI folder on a USB stick and hide it someone where just in case. Putting some notes about what you did would also be a great idea to keep in that EFI folder as a text file.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back