CPU
i7-8550U
Graphics
UHD 620, 1920x1080
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Planning to install Sierra 10.12.1 on my Windows desktop.

1. CPU: Intel Core i5-6500 3.2GHz Quad-Core Processor
2. MOBO: MSI H110M Gaming Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard
3. GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 960 2GB SuperSC ACX 2.0+ Video Card
4. Memory: Kingston HyperX Fury Black 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR4-2133

Other notes:
- wired ethernet connection (I have a wifi USB dongle if needed)
- installing on: Crucial MX300 275GB 2.5" Solid State Drive
- Windows 10 on the system

The CPU and MOBO were listed on the compatible parts list, but I wanted to make sure the motherboard would work.

Other questions:
1. Would it be easy to replace the RAM in the future?
2. Will the 10.12 guide work for 10.12.1

Thank you!

Last edited by a moderator:
Follow the Sierra guide and you should be fine - use the Sierra desktop support section if you run into things that you cannot find an answer for.

RAM is dependent on the mainboard - not the OS. See the multibooting section for running Windows and Mac OS in the same build.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/forums/multi-booting.153/

Your board has ALC887 audio and Intel i219V ethernet according to the dtailled specifications:
https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/H110M-GAMING.html#hero-specification

Best of luck with the installation. :thumbup:

Best of luck with the installation. :thumbup:

For the record, it worked like a charm! Thanks for the help!

Also, if anyone is curious about MSI H110M Gaming Micro ATX LGA1151 Bios settings, they were (from default):
  • Load Optimized Defaults (F6)
  • OverClocking/CPU Features/ CFG Lock to disabled
  • Advanced/USB Configuration/XHCI Hand-off to enabled

For the record, it worked like a charm! Thanks for the help!

Also, if anyone is curious about MSI H110M Gaming Micro ATX LGA1151 Bios settings, they were (from default):
  • Load Optimized Defaults (F6)
  • OverClocking/CPU Features/ CFG Lock to disabled
  • Advanced/USB Configuration/XHCI Hand-off to enabled

Hello, I'm using the same Mobo, and already in my 3rd try to clean install -- how did you get the sound to work?
Can you share your Multibeast settings and other updates you did pos-install (sorry a real noob here, pls be kind :))?

Thank you.

Hello, I'm using the same Mobo, and already in my 3rd try to clean install -- how did you get the sound to work?
Can you share your Multibeast settings and other updates you did pos-install (sorry a real noob here, pls be kind :))?

Thank you.

Sure! I kind of cheated with the sound and used Voodoo HDA instead of the ALC887 that's on board. It's an easy fix and works pretty well: https://sourceforge.net/projects/voodoohda/

It sounds very grainy the first time you use it, but if you turn input gain all the way down in the Voodoo sound settings, it goes away.

These are my Multibeast Settings:
Bootloader: UEFI Boot Mode
Audio Driver: Voodoo HDA
Misc: FakeSMC v6.21-311-g2958f55.1723
Network: IntelMausiEthernet v2.2.0
System Definition: iMac 14,2

I also got drivers for my Nvidia GTX 960 here: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/solving-nvidia-driver-install-loading-problems.161256/

I had to turn on a setting from the Clover boot loader to inject Nvidia.

That's pretty much all the post installation I remember doing (other than creating a Windows 10 dual boot setup). When I get home, I can get more specific info on the kexts files I needed during post installation.

Sure! I kind of cheated with the sound and used Voodoo HDA instead of the ALC887 that's on board. It's an easy fix and works pretty well: https://sourceforge.net/projects/voodoohda/

It sounds very grainy the first time you use it, but if you turn input gain all the way down in the Voodoo sound settings, it goes away.

I also got drivers for my Nvidia GTX 960 here: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/solving-nvidia-driver-install-loading-problems.161256/

That's pretty much all the post installation I remember doing (other than creating a Windows 10 dual boot setup). When I get home, I can get more specific info on the kexts files I needed during post installation.

Thanks so much, will try this

Hello, thanks so much for these instruction. My Sierra can now boot without the USB. Though my audio is still not working :(
Sound control is greyed out
  • plugging in headphones on the front panel doesn't give any sound
  • also my monitor has speakers (connected using HDMI) which is not working

Am I missing a step? Do I need to do anything after multibeast? I saw some people installing clover configurator but i dunno where to start with it

Also my already existing Windows 10 Installation (which is in a separate HDD) cannot boot anymore :(
  • when I boot up now, clover comes up with 3 options: "Boot Windows from" (no characters after 'from'), Boot Mac OS from Sierra, and Recovery
  • when I choose the windows option I just get a windows logo on a black screen and nothing happen
  • i also tried booting F11, but then I still cannot boot to windows
How did you make yours dual boot with Windows? Any kind of help would be really appreciated.
Thanks again.

Don't worry, I had the same issue (with Windows not appearing). I also made a Hackintosh from a computer with Windows 10 OS on a separate HDD. The Windows should still be there (you don't need to reinstall the OS), it just won't be listed in the Bios/Clover. To fix this, I removed the SATA cable from the MOBO to my W10 HDD temporarily while reinstalling Clover/OSX and then put it back on after installation (I think...).

As for the Voodoo audio, you might not be installing the kekts files properly (that was my issue). I believe this is the way I installed my Voodoo kekts (using the kekts utility linked in the video):

I should have made more notes on my post installation!

Last edited:
Don't worry, I had the same issue (with Windows not appearing). I also made a Hackintosh from a computer with Windows 10 OS on a separate HDD. The Windows should still be there (you don't need to reinstall the OS), it just won't be listed in the Bios/Clover. To fix this, I removed the SATA cable from the MOBO to my W10 HDD temporarily while reinstalling Clover/OSX and then put it back on after installation (I think...).

As for the Voodoo audio, you might not be installing the kekts files properly (that was my issue). I believe this is the way I installed my Voodoo kekts (using the kekts utility linked in the video):

I should have made more notes on my post installation!

Thanks for this. The on-board audio out is now working. Still not getting any sound from HDMI though, any thoughts on this?

Thanks for this. The on-board audio out is now working. Still not getting any sound from HDMI though, any thoughts on this?

I'm sorry, I do not have any advice for this. I only use my headphones/aux chord for my audio.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back