Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
ASUS H110M-C
CPU
i5-7400
Graphics
GTX 1060
Hello guys! Before I start, I want to apologise for my bad English (its not my native language).

So I have a custom build pc, which I bought about 1 year ago. The PC has these parts:
CPU: i5-7400 Kaby lake
Motherboard: Asus H110M-C
RAM: 8GB 2400Mhz
HDD: 1TB
GPU: MSI GTX 1060 3GB

I used to use my pc with Windows but now I want to switch to Mac OS (Hackintosh) without windows. The reason I want to do this thing is because I want to use my pc more for music producing and coding (I am studying computer programming), not for gaming, etc. anymore.
The problem is that I am new to these things and I don't know if my pc will be able to run MacOS and will it be running smooth?
I am planning on buying an SSD so I install the hackintosh on it.

Are the parts compatible with MacOS? If they are, can you navigate me to a good guide on how to install it?
I know that updates are pretty hard, but I am going to to take the risk.
Also the version I want is the newest (mojave).

Thanks in advance.

Hello guys! Before I start, I want to apologize for my bad English (its not my native language).

So I have a custom build pc, which I bought about 1 year ago. The PC has these parts:
CPU: i5-7400 Kaby lake
Motherboard: Asus H110M-C
RAM: 8GB 2400Mhz
HDD: 1TB
GPU: MSI GTX 1060 3GB

I used to use my pc with Windows but now I want to switch to Mac OS (Hackintosh) without windows. The reason I want to do this thing is because I want to use my pc more for music producing and coding (I am studying computer programming), not for gaming, etc. anymore.

The problem is that I am new to these things and I don't know if my pc will be able to run MacOS and will it be running smooth? I am planning on buying an SSD so I install the hackintosh on it.

Are the parts compatible with MacOS? If they are, can you navigate me to a good guide on how to install it?
I know that updates are pretty hard, but I am going to to take the risk.
Also the version I want is the newest (mojave).

Thanks in advance.

Your graphics card is not supported in Mojave due to the lack of Nvidia web drivers. To run Mojave you will have to remove the graphics card and run on CPU integrated graphics. You can only run MacOS Sierra 10.12.6 or High Sierra 10.13.6 with your graphics card.

Your graphics card is not supported in Mojave due to the lack of Nvidia web drivers. To run Mojave you will have to remove the graphics card and run on CPU integrated graphics. You can only run MacOS Sierra 10.12.6 or High Sierra 10.13.6 with your graphics card.
Is there any big difference between high sierra and mojave? Also if I install it, will I be able to update to mojave when it start to support my graphics card?

Is there any big difference between high sierra and mojave? Also if I install it, will I be able to update to mojave when it start to support my graphics card?

Assuming that Nvidia eventually does their job and releases Mojave web drivers, you should then be able to install Mojave and use your card fully. But not now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back