Contribute
Register

Is my PC capable of running OS X Mavericks?

Status
Not open for further replies.
CPU
i7-3930K
Graphics
GTX 780
Hey everyone! I'm very interested into turning my PC into a Hackintosh and have two operating systems on my computer. I'm just curious if these specs are compatible with OS X Mavericks?

Asus Rampage IV Extreme Mobo
Intel i7-3930k
EVGA GTX 780 3GB
OCZ 360gb SSD
LG Blu-ray drive
I think a Seagate HDD
G. SKILL Ripjaw Ram 32gb

It appears that this is all good from my google search, but obviously, a verification would be nice :)

*Bonus
I also have a very nice Asus laptop. I'm curious if it has the required specs of handling OS X Mavericks and becoming a Hackintosh as well! Cheers!

http://www.tigerdirect.ca/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=8688882&CatId=3982

It's very similar to that! However, I cannot find the exact laptop!

The i7 a lga 2011 is it not? Then i think there is some other place where you need to seek support*just in case*
I don't think it should cause any more problems than that of every other guy with a hackintosh.

Hey everyone! I'm very interested into turning my PC into a Hackintosh and have two operating systems on my computer. I'm just curious if these specs are compatible with OS X Mavericks?

Asus Rampage IV Extreme Mobo
Intel i7-3930k
EVGA GTX 780 3GB
OCZ 360gb SSD
LG Blu-ray drive
I think a Seagate HDD
G. SKILL Ripjaw Ram 32gb

It appears that this is all good from my google search, but obviously, a verification would be nice :)

*Bonus
I also have a very nice Asus laptop. I'm curious if it has the required specs of handling OS X Mavericks and becoming a Hackintosh as well! Cheers!

http://www.tigerdirect.ca/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=8688882&CatId=3982

It's very similar to that! However, I cannot find the exact laptop!
I believe it will run just fine however you may need to use maxmem=4096 to boot up to the installer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back