Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I have a Toshiba Satellite C640 Laptop though, is it compatible with the MAC OSX Mountain Lion 10.8? Thanks.

Here are my, spec's:

MB - Intel HM65
CPU - Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-2310M CPU @ 2.10Ghz
RAM - 4GB ram
VGA - Onboard - Intel HD3000
HDD - Toshiba 500GB HDD

Yes, looks good.

Same Question (Asus Laptop)

Intel Core i7 2630QM
6GB Ram
Nvidia GeForce GT 540M

iDjay, I'd say both yes and no.

With the little searching I did, the GT540M is having some deep troubles.

Getting any Nvidia GT5xxM card to work on OS X is highly dependent on the bios you have and the acpi tables, for my laptop i managed to activate it, but the framebuffer is still closed, OS X can't load the drivers on the closed framebuffer....

To be more specific. Optimus enabled laptops have only one active framebuffer, on the IGPU, the framebuffer for Nvidia is actually a clone of the IGPU one. One must either write a kext to mimic the cloning of the framebuffer or mimic the bios switch using ACPI language, in both cases... without proper information available, you're a blindman trying to create the color red.
tonymacx86 Forum • View topic - nVidia GT540M Development

So depending on how your BIOS functions, maybe, maybe not. Search around and you might find an answer somewhere. You didn't give any information about the motherboard or what Asus laptop it is so I have no idea if Wi-Fi, Bluetooth or anything like that works without a dongle.

So, what should I do?
I have an Asus A53SV.SX251V Laptop and I can't get to the installation screen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back