Contribute
Register

Is my HP Hackintosh-able?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bro @Middleman, with this EFI folder config what needs to be changed in-order to work?

Please find my CPU-Z snaps below.

And also, I'm bit unclear with dumping DSDT for this machine! I saw this guide for Dumping but not sure is this way! Could you guide?

Attachments

• 1624358181582.png
    1624358181582.png
    148.5 KB · Views: 117
  • 1624358210661.png
    1624358210661.png
    73.3 KB · Views: 104
  • 1624358224251.png
    1624358224251.png
    70.9 KB · Views: 120
your graphics are not supported
Hi dude, @Feartech. Yeah, I got to know that.
You could have a look at this thread. Someone's managed to get it going on Tiger Lake but without any acceleration > https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/intel-nuc11-and-11th-gen-cpu.313525/
But if you see this Thread shared by @Middleman. Some one has experimented with this CPU [Although they tried on Intel Core i7-1165G7 which belongs to the same family of Intel Core i5-1135G7! See here.]

Even I think I'm repeating myself about this, but it seems most posters are not prepared to believe me/us. I wish them good luck in their endeavours. A great way to waste time. :rolleyes:

Hi dude, @Feartech. Yeah, I got to know that.

But if you see this Thread shared by @Middleman. Some one has experimented with this CPU [Although they tried on Intel Core i7-1165G7 which belongs to the same family of Intel Core i5-1135G7! See here.]
It’s not impossible, there is a way to do it. You could message Endera about his EFI and what he did to get it to boot to VESA mode. On the other hand if you still want to make use of it, you could perhaps add a dGPU via the M.2 slot like this. That would allow you to boot and run macOS properly >

As for the DSDT BIOS dump, that’s fairly easy to do. Just grab yourself a copy of Clover and make a Clover bootable USB, press F4 and it will dump the DSDT plus a series of SSDTs into its folder on the USB stick.

It’s not impossible, there is a way to do it. You could message Endera about his EFI and what he did to get it to boot to VESA mode. On the other hand if you still want to make use of it, you could perhaps add a dGPU via the M.2 slot like this. That would allow you to boot and run macOS properly >

As for the DSDT BIOS dump, that’s fairly easy to do. Just grab yourself a copy of Clover and make a Clover bootable USB, press F4 and it will dump the DSDT plus a series of SSDTs into its folder on the USB stick.
adding a dgpu in a laptop..... ?

adding a dgpu in a laptop..... ?
Yes! Watch the video...the process is the same. It uses the M.2 of the unit which is essentially a PCIe slot. Utilising a PCIe extender slot used by miners it can allow anyone to add extended capabilities to their system.

Yes! Watch the video...the process is the same. It uses the M.2 of the unit which is essentially a PCIe slot. Utilising a PCIe extender slot used by miners it can allow anyone to add extended capabilities to their system.
but still, that is a completely daft idea to perform on a laptop which won't work any way as dual gpus is not supported on laptops, and why would someone want to be carrying around a dgpu with their laptop even if it was possible?

but still, that is a completely daft idea to perform on a laptop which won't work any way as dual gpus is not supported on laptops, and why would someone want to be carrying around a dgpu with their laptop even if it was possible?
Well it sounds a little extreme yes I know and yes I know would look a bit odd carrying it around. But I said it's the only last possible option to run macOS I could think of. It could work though. He'd have to disable his IGPU using the boot-args.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back